An unofficial CyanogenMod 14 ROM based on Android Nougat 7.0 has been developed by CyanogenMod community for OnePlus X. CyanogenMod is one of the best Android custom ROM developed by independent developers called the CyanogenMod community. It has many superb features that are lacked in stock Android ROM.
- Inbuilt root support.
- Minimum bloatware.
- Good speed and performance.
- Enhanced security.
- Large variety of themes and skin.
- Advanced Gestures and Equalizer
Above all CyanogenMod makes the most out of your devices capabilities.
It is possible to install CyanogenMod 14 in OnePlus X without rooting by installing CyanogenMod ROM based on Android 7.0 in recovery mode.
Note: We do not endorse the products and are not liable for any damage whatsoever. Therefore, readers discretion is advised. Take a Nandroid backup before performing the operation.
Steps to install CyanogenMod 13 Nightly ROM
- Make sure you unlock the bootloader and install TWRP with the help of tutorial provided in prerequisites.
- Download latest CyanogenMod 14 OS official (.zip file) from the developer site for OnePlus X.
- If you wish you can also download Google Apps compatible and for OnePlus X.
- Store both these files into internal or local storage of OnePlus X.
- Make sure you have atleast 60% battery in your OnePlus X.
- Restart OnePlus X in recovery mode.
To go in recovery mode follow the steps below:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold Volume Down key + Power Key about 10 seconds.
- Release Power key only when device vibrates.
- Release Volume down key when Android TWRP Recovery mode appears.
- Tap Backup and swipe to confirm.
- Tap wide, wipe data and cache, swipe to confirm.
- Tap on option called Install.
- Select CyanogenMod ROM (.zip file) and flash it.
- Wait for the process to complete, it may take few minutes for installation and upgradation process to complete.
- Holla! Your OnePlus X running on CyanogenMod 13.
- Similarly you can install gapps file.
Working features in CyanogenMod with OnePlus X:
- proximity sensor
- Mobile network
- SELINUX Enforcing
- WiFi Hotspot
Issues with CM 14:
- Network (RIL)
- Tri-state keys
- Not Known
Note and Conclusion: ***DigitBin is not liable for any damage caused or bricking of your phone.
If you are facing any problem comment below, we will be happy to help you.
If you've any thoughts on Install CyanogenMod 14 in OnePlus X, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our DigitBin YouTube channel for videos tutorials. Cheers!
Thanks! Helpful article.