“Screen Overlay Detected” is a very common problem on Android Marshmallow devices. The Android device suddenly warns you with a message ‘Screen overlay detected’, in many cases the warning appears when you wish to change the App permissions and also when running a floating App (Chat App) over another App.
The problem causing apps are CleanMaster App, Facebook Messages, Hike Messenger, Drupe etc. The problem is common with many Android manufacturers namely, Samsung, LG, OnePlus, Motorola, Lenovo etc. Here I have come up with step by step fix to solve the issue.
How to Turn Off Screen Overlay in Android ?
- Open settings of your Android device.
- Now Open Apps/App Manager > [gear icon]> Draw over other apps. Alternatively, you can search “Draw” and open Draw over other apps.
- For Samsung devices Settings > Applications > Application manager > More > Apps that can appear on top.
- Now Disable the apps which you think are suspicious like eye filters, screen dimmer or any app which is always running on the screen using a small bubble-shaped structure like FB messenger.
- If you cannot solve it then just disable everything.
- For Samsung devices go to Settings> Advanced features > One-handed operation and deactivate it.
Conclusion : I hope the guide was helpful, please leave a comment below for any help.