Blocking the Robotexts and Spam messages on Android devices is a crucial step that we need to take to make sure to make our details safe from various unwanted phishing activities. Nevertheless, not many users are familiar with the Android in-built feature using which they can easily block these activities.
However, in case you also don’t know this thing, make sure to read this guide until the end, as here we have described various methods to block Robotexts and Spam messages on Android devices. So, let’s get started with the guide.
Various Methods to Block Robotexts And Spam SMS on Android
There are various methods available that will help you resolve the Spam message issues. But, not all of them are genuine. Therefore, if you want to block Robotexts and Spam messages on Android devices, make sure to perform these methods and check if it helps.
Method 1: Block The Number
Unwanted text messages can be blocked by blocking the number. However, spammers typically change or switch phone numbers, which is the drawback of this approach. Thus, messages may still be sent from the same spammer using other numbers, although you block the number. But, still blocking each number that is spamming messages on your number regularly is a good step to make yourself from being scammed. To do so,
- Tap the three dots found at the top right corner of the text.
- The next step depends on your device’s OS version and your phone. After that, you can either select Block number or select Details.
- Finally, tap Block & report spam.
Method 2: Do Not Respond
This is the most important thing we can suggest. Yes, whenever you get a Robotexts or Spam messages, always ignore them and never ever click on any link that they send you. However, clicking on any link may result in heavy damage to the privacy and security of your device. In many users, we have seen that users have to lose their crucial credentials by just clicking on these phishing activities.
Method 3: Report The Number
To report a Robotexts, you can use this trick as many users previously find this trick really helpful. So, let’s check out how to do so,
- Forward it to a specific telephone number on your mobile carrier’s network.
- Simply hold the message down.
- Click the three dots at the top and choose Forward. Then, forwards it to your network carrier provider.
- That’s it. Now, text the new message (SPAM) to the SPAM reporting number of the respective mobile carrier network provider. This will use the information to try and block future spam messages.
Method 4: Filter Out Spammers
Although the top network carriers offer their own spam filtering option, but in case your carrier provider does not provide it, make sure to use these steps to filter out the spam on your mobile.
- Open play stored and install the Messages app. Using this application, you can disable all the potential spam messages.
- After that, tap the three-dot icon in the upper right of the app.
- After that, select Settings > Spam protection.
- Then, tap on the turn on the Enable spam protection switch. That’s it. If you receive a message suspected to be spam, your phone will alert you.
Method 5: Use Robo Killer
You can get this app on both iOS and Android. The app analyzes each message based on its phone number, content, attachments, and other components to determine whether the text is real. To use it,
- Download the App from PlayStore.
- After that, open it and turn on the SMS Spam Recognition.
- That’s it. But, this will not totally block the spam; instead, it will just inform you about the Spam message.
Method 6: Use TrueCaller
If nothing helps you, you can simply try the TrueCaller premium app; we do not recommend you use the free version as it will not accurately inform and block the Robotexts and Spam messages on your Android phones. TrueCaller is an app that I personally use to block each spam message. This will automatically inform you which message is spam based on the reports from other users. You should give it a try and see if it works for you. To use this,
- Initially, download and open it. Then, hold the message you want to block and tap on the three-dot button.
- After that, select the Block This Contact option.
If you've any thoughts on How to Block Robotexts and Spam Messages on Android?, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our DigitBin YouTube channel for videos tutorials. Cheers!