Wireless charging has been innovated for a couple of years now, and most smartphones support it, including the iPhones. However, at times, iPhone users complain that wireless charging is not working. All fancy tech do come with their fair share of problems, and so does wireless charging. In this guide, I will share how to fix the issue of wireless charging not working on iPhones.
First, let us discuss why technical snags occur with wireless charging. It is always irritating when you set your iPhone for charging, and after a few hours, you grab it to find that it has not been charged properly. Without our iPhones, it is not possible to pass a day as most of our daily activities depend upon it.
Why is Wireless Charging Not Working on iPhone?
Here are some of the reasons why wireless charging may have developed some issues and now not charging your iPhone.
- The iPhone model does not support wireless charging.
- A temporary glitch in iOS is causing the issue in charging.
- A known bug in the iOS that has affected various iPhone users and yours is not an isolated incident.
- You are using a thick case to cover your iPhone and putting the device on the charge with the case on it. This hinders the proper connectivity between the charging panel and the iPhone, thus not letting it charge as it should.
- The wireless charger is probably not plugged. Hilarious, it may sound, but the device that charges your iPhone “wirelessly” must be connected to a power source. It’s the iPhone that can be set on charge without the use of any cable or wire, but the charger device needs its juice from the external power supply.
- The wireless charging platform may be faulty, and you may think of this as an isolated incident.
How To Fix Wireless Charging Not Working On iPhone?
Now, let’s fix all the above issues I have mentioned that are not letting the iPhone take advantage of the wireless charging facility.
Fix 1. Repair the Faulty Charging Platform
If some unforeseen technical snag may have rendered the wireless charging platform useless, you can replace the wireless charger or repair it from the place where you have bought it. If the product is still under warranty period, then you should not be charged any money for that.
Fix 2. Update the iOS on Your iPhone
If you are running your iPhone on developer beta, then maybe some bug is causing an issue with the wireless charging. So, try to update the iOS and check if that solves the problem.
- Launch the Settings app on iPhone.
- Tap on the option General.
- Then tap on Software Update.
- Now, make sure your iPhone is connected to the internet.
- If an update is available, you will be notified on the screen.
- Tap on the option Download and Install.
After updating the iOS, check if the issue persists with wireless charging or whether it has now been fixed.
Fix 3. Reboot the iPhone
If it is a simple case of a random software glitch, then rebooting often helps fix the issue. You can try the same if wireless charging is not working on your iPhone.
- Press the power button.
- When the next screen shows up, hold and drag the slider to switch off the iPhone.
- Wait for a few seconds and press the power button to bring the iPhone back to action.
- Now, set it on the wireless charging platform and check the device is charging smoothly, or the issue persists.
Additionally, you can even try to hard reset your iPhone. Press and release the Volume Up button, then repeat the process with the volume down button. Finally, long press on the side button(power button) until the Apple logo flashes on the display. Hard reset often fixes up a lot of technical issues. So, it is worth trying.
Fix 4. Plug-in the Wireless Charger to Power Source
As I said earlier, make sure that your wireless charger is plugged into an electric power source. Then set the iPhone on charge. Now, check if the iPhone is charging normally or not.
Fix 5. Does Your iPhone Support Wireless Charging.?
Here is a list of iPhones that support wireless charging. Check if your iPhone is listed here-in and supports the feature or not. If not, then you need to continue with the in-house Apple power adapter and cable to charge your iPhone.
List of iPhones that Support Wireless charging
- iPhone 8 Series
- iPhone X
- iPhone XS Series
- iPhone XR
- iPhone 11 Series
- iPhone 12 series
- iPhone 13 Series
Fix 6. Take the iPhone Out of the Cover and Set it On Charge
Before putting up the iPhone on the wireless charging platform, make sure to take it out of the hard case or cover.
Without proper connectivity between the backside of the iPhone and the charging platform, the charging process will not initiate.
Fix 7. Have you Placed the iPhone properly on the Wireless Charger?
Often while being in hurry to charge the iPhone, users may not correctly place the iPhone on the Wireless charging platform. Even though there are no technical issues, wireless charging will not work on the iPhone due to this silly mistake.
Now, check once more by properly placing the iPhone and ensuring that it is charging.
Fix 8. Contact Apple Support
Now, what if the charger is just fine and there is some issue with your Apple iPhone. So, it’s a wise move to get in touch with the Apple Service center and let them know of your issue.
If at all the iPhone has any hardware issue that’s not letting it charge wirelessly, then the professionals at the service center will fix that for you.
So, these are some of the possible easy troubleshooting methods that you can follow if wireless charging is not working on your iPhone.
If you've any thoughts on How to Fix Wireless Charging Not Working on iPhone?, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our DigitBin YouTube channel for videos tutorials. Cheers!