CyanogenMod is one of the best Android custom OS developed by independent developers called the CyanogenMod community. It has many advanced features that a stock Android ROM is lacking.
What is CyanogenMod Nightly ?
Nightlies are experimental ROMs that are basically used for testing. They are the most unstable type of CyanogenMod ROMs. Few bugs are generally present in Nightly ROM and you may encounter some more bugs while using the ROM. They also come with some advanced features.
- Inbuilt root support.
- Minimum bloatware.
- Good speed and performance.
- Enhanced security.
- A Large variety of themes and skin.
- Advanced Gestures and Equalizer
Above all CyanogenMod makes the most out of your devices capabilities.
- Unlock Bootloader (Use ADB Drivers Method)
- TWRP Flashed
How to Flash TWRP ?
- After you have unlocked the bootloader of your Xperia T you can install a custom recovery on your Sony Xperia device.
- Download the latest the CM Recovery file and store it in any folder of your PC. Rename the file as boot.img
- Reboot your device into fastboot mode and connect your device to PC using USB cable. (Not required if your device is already in fastboot mode)
- Open the command prompt in the folder where recovery file is stored.
- Now enter the command “fastboot flash boot boot.img”
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Let the TWRP be flashed. Once it is done execute the following command:
- Holla ! Your device is installed with CM recovery.
How to Install CyanogenMod in Sony Xperia V ?
- Make sure you have unlocked bootloader and installed custom recovery in Sony Xperia T (See above).
- Download the latest CM on your Xperia V.
- Reboot your device in Recovery Mode.
- In Recovery mode wipe your device data and cache partition.
- Then click on ‘Apply update’ and choose the CM file.
- Once the update is successful, reboot the system and you are done.
- Download the Gapps.zip and install the package in the same way as above.
Note & Conclusion: We do not recommend you to flash an unofficial ROM on your Sony Xperia V . Perform the operation on your own risk. ***DigitBin is not liable for any damage caused. Readers discretion is advised.