Microsoft Outlook is very strict in keeping its products and services up to its policies. If Microsoft finds any suspicious and unusual activity on Windows Live! the account then it will strike out the access to the service. To help protect your account from fraud or abuse, Microsoft Hotmail might temporarily suspend your account. The access may be blocked for a temporary period until the account is verified using a code.
The following activities may lock down your account which may last from a minute to 24 hours depending on the behavior of your account usage detected by the system.
- Receiving, deleting, or downloading large amounts of mail via POP or IMAP in a short period of time.
- Sending a large number of un-delivering messages
- Account access to third-party apps causing misleading activities without your concern
- Using Windows Live at many locations.
How to Unblock your Locked Microsoft Account?
- Log in to your suspended Microsoft account.
- When prompted enter any phone number to receive the security code. The phone number may not necessarily be the one registered with the account.
- After you enter the security code you received on your phone, you’ll need to change your password to complete the unlocking process.
- Make sure you enter a unique and strong password.
Actually, every time you sign in to your account, cookie data is taken up by the MSN Hotmail and is stored on its servers. These cookies and cache data help for further references for log-in. But when you enter incorrect password cookies undergo deletion and when the limit number of attempts are crossed the cookies expire. Thus locking your account.
You can access your locked Windows Live Hotmail the account just by signing in using a different Microsoft server. These servers do not have any knowledge of cookies expiration and lock on your account hence can be used for login. New servers are fresh and thus, you can view and access your account.
- Remove IMAP and POP settings made from your email software.
- Close all open Gmail instances in your devices and browsers
- Revoke access to third-party apps and software
- Remove all the browser extensions.
- Clear cache of your browser and Log-in again
Note & Conclusion:
I hope you were able to unblock your temporary suspension by these methods. If they don’t work you have no other option then waiting for 24 -36 hours. If the waiting period doesn’t work then drop your problem with Microsoft Outlook.
Please comment below for any assistance, query or suggestions.
If you've any thoughts on Outlook Mail “Your account has been temporarily suspended”, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our DigitBin YouTube channel for videos tutorials. Cheers!