Truecaller is one of the most popular global call detail indexing and caller ID service with social media integration to keep the phonebook up-to-date with pictures and birthdays. The Truecaller can be a lifesaver in many circumstances. It can is very much useful to identify the identity of the unknown number. The Truecaller works as on a website and also has an App with more features to integrate with a smartphone.
But situations do arrive when you want to remove yourself from Truecaller Database and unlist your name and number from Truecaller. Today in this post I will tell you all the methods to unlist yourself.
How Unlist Your Number from Truecaller?
#1. Using an official Website
Step 1. Go to www.truecaller.com/unlisting/
Step 2. Enter your number that you’d like to remove.
Step 3. Verify ‘I’m not a Robot’
Step 4. You will now receive a confirmation message once your number has been successfully unlisted in 24 hours.
#2. If You are a Verified User
If you’re Truecaller user and have verified your number you must first Deactivate your account.
- Open the Truecaller application on your Smartphone.
- Tap on the 3 vertical lines/dots to open more options
- Click on settings.
- Now tap on about under the support tab.
- Scroll down and Deactivate account.
- Hit the Yes button.
- Now go to the official website and unlist the number as given in steps #1
- You will now receive a confirmation message of number unlisting. It may take 24 hrs for the change to take place.
Conclusion: The number will be unlisted within 24-36 hours but Truecaller doesn’t guarantee the permanent removal of the number.
I recommend you to check the removal of your number and name from the directory on the continual basis.
I hope the post was helpful. Do comment below for any assistance or support.