Windows 11 is slowly made available for more devices as time is passing by. The new operating system brings several design changes along with a few new features. The most notable of them all is the placement of the Start menu has been changed from the left corner to the center position, and also it will soon support Android apps. While you can change the position of the Start menu, there are a few settings that people are finding a bit difficult to tweak and adjust.
One such setting is the touchpad scroll speed. If you are also one of Windows 11 users that is finding it difficult or doesn’t know how to adjust touchpad scroll speed in Windows 11 then, you are at the right place. Because, in this post, we will give you a complete guide on how you can adjust the touchpad scroll speed in Windows 11. With that said, let us jump straight into the article.
1. Touchpad Settings in Windows 11
The touchpad settings in Windows 11 operating system are located under the Settings menu. Below are the steps that you need to follow in order to access the touchpad settings.
- Right-click on the Windows or Start menu and search for Settings.
- From the left pane, select Bluetooth & devices.
- Scroll down on the right side and you will see the Touchpad option.
If the toggle next to the Touchpad option is turned OFF, then the touchpad on your laptop won’t work. So, if you come across a situation where the touchpad of your laptop isn’t working, then the first thing that you should check is whether this toggle is turned ON or not.
2. How to Change Touchpad Cursor Speed
If you wish to tweak the cursor speed of the touchpad on your Windows 11 laptop, then after arriving on the Touchpad settings window by following the steps above, you can change the cursor settings. Here, you will be able to adjust the speed of the touchpad cursor according to your pace. Simply follow the below steps.
- Under the Touchpad window, use the Cursor speed slider to adjust the speed of the cursor.
- Sliding the slider to the right will increase the cursor speed. Whereas, sliding the slider to the left will decrease the speed. You can choose the speed accordingly.
3. How to Adjust Touchpad Sensitivity
Are you having trouble with the high/low touchpad sensitivity? If yes, then by following the below-mentioned steps you can tweak the touchpad sensitivity and adjust it accordingly.
- Under the Touchpad settings window, select the Taps option.
- After expanding the Taps option, click on the box next to Touchpad sensitivity.
- Clicking the box will show you a drop-down menu with multiple options including Most sensitive, High sensitivity, Medium sensitivity, and Low sensitivity.
- Select the best sensitivity settings that you find appropriate.
- Once selected, simply exit the Settings window and you will see the change taking effect immediately.
4. How to Adjust Touchpad Settings for Scroll and Zoom
Here, we will discuss the settings which you can change to adjust the touchpad settings for scrolling and zooming while web browsing or casual usage.
- Open the Touchpad settings as mentioned above.
- Expand the Scroll & zoom section to configure the touchpad of your laptop.
- The first option will let you scroll without moving the cursor to the Windows scroll bar. Clicking on the Drag two fingers to scroll option will let you scroll by swiping two fingers on the touchpad.
- It also gives you a setting to select if you wish to select down scrolling to move up or down scrolling moves down.
- Now, the next box, Pinch to zoom, lets you zoom in on any photo or a web page by placing two fingers on the touchpad and pinching them together to zoom in or out.
5. How to Reset Touchpad Settings
If you think you have messed up your Windows 11 laptop’s touchpad settings, then there is an option that will let you revert to the original settings. For that, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open Settings > Bluetooth & devices.
- Scroll down and select Touchpad.
- Expand the Touchpad option and click on the Reset button.
- That’s it! This will change all the changed settings back to the original.
If you've any thoughts on How to Adjust Touchpad Settings & Scroll Speed Windows 11, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our DigitBin YouTube channel for videos tutorials. Cheers!