Are you stuck on Obtaining IP Address of your WiFi? Does the Internet doesn’t connect with your device? Relax ! here we have come up with few solutions to fix the problem. Android OS being a software product there could be many technical glitches which you may face. The problems with WiFi internet connection is one such annoying issue.
Basically, when you try to connect with an available network the WiFi will scan the network and connect with the network by obtaining the IP Address. But if you are stuck on connecting with IP then you need to make few changes in WiFi settings. Let us look that in detail below.
Fix Obtaining IP Address Error on Android Smartphone
Method 1. Reboot your Router
Some technical issues may occur with your Router so it is better to turn off your router for few minutes and restart it. Before doing so you click on ‘Forget password’ in your Android device. After the WiFi is fully up, connect the device by entering the password.
Method 2. Use Static IP Address
- Go to Setting of Android.
- Open the Wi-Fi
- Here look for your desired network.
- Long press on the WiFi network and look for an option named Advanced Settings. You may also find this option under Modify Network or just by clicking on the network.
- Here change the IP setting from DHCP to Static.
- Now assign the IP Address 192.168.1.*** (Add any number from 1 to 225 at ***)
- Leave everything else untouched.
- Save the changes and you will notice that your WiFi is connected.
Note: If the internet is not working even though the WiFi is connected then just simply switch back to DHCP while you are still connected. The problem will be solved.
Method 3. Delete Obsolete Files
For Rooted Device Only
- Download and install ES File Explorer on your device.
- Give it root permissions if asked.
- Go to Root explorer from menu.
- Go to /data/misc/dhcp/
- Delete all the files present there.
- Reboot the device and try to check if the problem is solved.
Conclusion: I hope the post was helpful also give your valuable thoughts in form of comments in the section provided below. Do share it on Social Sites to increase the awareness.
If you've any thoughts on Fix Obtaining IP Address, Can’t Connect to Internet Error in Android, then feel free to drop in below comment box.
Also, please subscribe to our DigitBin YouTube channel for more important updates. Cheers!