Showbox APK for Android. Most of the online streaming Apps do not store the movies on their web servers but search the web directory to stream the movies and TV shows online. Below is the direct download link to ShowBox HD APK for Android.
Many online streaming apps on the internet are deceiving in nature and they just try to inject malware into your device. These apps ask for permissions which are not required for their normal functioning. For example, apps may ask for contact permissions which of course is not required to stream the movies.
Settings → Apps/Manage Apps → App Permissions
The apps which are not downloaded from reliable sources like Google Play Store or Amazon Store could be potentially harmful and malicious for your phone and also to you as a user by harassing the privacy. So, I recommend you to grant the permissions which you think is best suited for the functioning of the app. You can find permissions under settings on your Android device.
Note: Make sure you have enabled unknown sources on your device.
What is Showbox?
Showbox is by far the most popular online streaming app thanks to its smooth UI and easy navigation. Showbox is most talked online streaming App having many features offering to the user without any cost.
It is the best alternative to subscription-based video streaming service like Netflix where it offers audio-visual content for free. The Showbox HD indexes various torrent clients and sites to stream the movies and other content for absolutely free. The App offers large content of movies and TV shows without any account and annoying Ads.
Features of Showbox
- Showbox app doesn’t require you to have a login account.
- There are no annoying Ads.
- Support HD quality and also allows all other resolution viewing.
- Subtitles are available for a greater experience.
- You can filter the movies by Genre, Year, Rating and type.
- The interface is user-friendly and easy to use.
- You can even download the movies and watch them later.
The Showbox HD App is one of the more powerful Apps which offers high-quality content for absolutely free, you do not need of any account nor any subscription. The content is updated regularly by some anonymous internet community making it most strived media player for Android.
How to Download and Install ShowBox App?
Here are the simple steps to download and install the Showbox apk on Android
1. Enable Unknown Sources. To do so simply go to Settings → Security → Enable Unknown sources.
2. Download the ShowBox from Google.
3. Locate the file and install the App on your device.
4. Open the App, make all the necessary settings if prompted on the screen.
Showbox app has an extensive library of movies, TV shows and music which are updated regularly.
As you can expect the app is not available on Google play store, given the Google’s Policies & Conditions. But many times the app shows up in the Play Store so it is better to search for the app. But if you wish you can download the apk file for your Android smartphone. With ShowBox HD you can stream TV Shows & Movies, set resolution for stream or download them directly onto your device storage for offline viewing.
Will ShowBox Ever Shut Down?
Yes! But not completely. If someone files a lawsuit than of course the Showbox TV will lose the battle very plain. Google and other search engines may be forced to remove the Content from its results. Even the government may impose the restriction on the Sites.
But we know the internet is a big place which cannot be controlled. And the App for sure will boomerang back with different name and logo, again serving millions of users.
Is ShowBox Legal? Should I Download it?
The legality of the ShowBox HD App depends on your country and also on the material being presented. The App streams movies and TV Shows from Torrents and other sources not accepted by studios. Downloading or streaming copyrighted material that you don’t own without permission or paying for it is illegal. There are Many alternatives which you can try to gain access to a large amount of media library.
You are downloading the file at your discretion and we are not affiliated with the App or its content in any form. In many countries, there is no regulation on Mobile Streaming. Check your local jurisdictions for more detail.
Many unauthorised streaming services like Pheonix for Kodi and PopcornFlix where shut down due to lawsuits (though they later returned with a different name). The ShowBox is no different but as I said it does not host any content by its own, this is where it works a little different making it less vulnerable for the lawsuits.
The App is in a “non-clear” legal area and could be affected at any time. The App has some legal content too, but much of the programming is labelled as copyright infringement. Basically, the App provides copyrighted material without any authorisation, thus violating the laws.
Will it Cause me Any Trouble?
Streaming illegal content is, of course, a punishable offence. But rules vary from country to country, some states have a very stern legislations while some may have nominal laws. Generally, the government attacks the publishers of the App in an attempt to pull out the root cause.
How to Be Safe?
Said that the App has a lot of programming with copyright infringement under its hood, you may be under the scanner by your government for streaming the content which is not bided by the law. But looking at the nature of the App, there may be very few who could resist themselves from the ShowBox. You can stream safely by using a VPN service. There are a number of VPN Apps and services covering all types of devices.
What is VPN?
VPN is a type of online services which hides your data by sending your web usage to another secure location. It forms a secure tunnel to provide end-to-end protection. Therefore, your ISP will not know what you’re up to. In other words, it sends your data to a 3rd party country, making it difficult for the service provider to determine the internet behaviour of the user.
What is the Official Website of ShowBox?
ShowBox use to have an official web page, but soon it disappeared. Basically to keep the anonymity. The developer ‘Andrew Crow'(may be pseudoname) work in dark to release new versions in form of updates. Presently a number of 3rd party websites offer the download links to the App.
These websites do not have any relation to App in any form. They just try to gain the popularity of the App to make profits by Advertising on their site. As of now, no any official website is available for TerrariumTV but a nearly official subreddit page works, you can visit there for more information.
Legal and Free ShowBox Alternative
This is the 2nd most asked question, there are a number of Apps which work like the SBox App. Going by some legal entities Pluto TV, Snagfilms, Viewster etc are similar to Showbox but unlike Box, it is completely legitimate. Though the App may not have a comparable video library, it offers content for free (albeit Ads). The Pluto TV offers interface in “Netflix Fashion”. You may not find all the wealth of ShowBox on Pluto but it is simple, legal and free.
Other similar Apps and sites like Crackle and Tubi TV, also work in a similar fashion by offering content for free. Though the programs may be not comparable with the gigantic collection in ShowBox, you can be safe from any rogue, malware or security risks.
Showbox Supported Devices
The App is generally developed for Android-based devices. You can download and install it directly on your Android running device like Smartphone, Android TV or Box, Fire TV Console and other Android-powered digital systems. But to run it on any other system like Windows or Mac you need a good emulator.
ShowBox is available freely on the net with 100’s of sites hosting the file. But you need to be safe because there can be spoofs which go by the same name and inject malware into the device. The App cannot be in Google Store due to ToS violation. It is better to download the App from reliable sources. As any rogue may cause serious data and privacy issues.
How to Download ShowBox on PC?
- Download the BlueStacks on your PC.
- Open the file and follow the simple instructions displayed to install the Emulator.
- Run and Install the App.
- Sign in with a Google Account
- Download the ShowBox App on your Computer.
- Now on the Bluestacks, you will see the option, “Install APK”.
- Locate your file and install the ShowBox App.
- Holla! You can enjoy the free movies and TV Shows on your laptop PC without any hassle.
Step 1. Go to Settings.
Step 2. Under settings select the option Device and then to Developer Options.
Step 3. In Developer options Turn On the Apps from Unknown Sources.
Step 4. Now go back to home screen, open search option and search for Downloader.
Step 7. Now open Downloader Homepage and type in the URL.
Step 8. Install the Showbox App on your Fire Console. Done!
Set Video Player for ShowBox
- Clear App defaults in Android App settings. To do so, go to, Settings → Apps/Manage Apps → Open Showbox → Default → Clear Defaults.
- Reboot your device
- Play the content by selecting the desired quality and click on “Watch Now”. When prompted “Open with”, select your player and set it as always or single time play.
Fix General Issues with ShowBox
- Download any of the VPN
- Clear the data and cache or update the Showbox App.
- Reset App Preferences
- Using an older version of the App will help eliminate any compatible issues.
Fix ‘Server Down/Server Unavailable/Can not Play this Link’
There is no any potential fix for the issues, all you can do is try a VPN service which will create a proxy server in other countries where the link or server may not be restricted.
You can also check for other server links if available.
You can even clear the data and cache or even update the Showbox App.
Fix Showbox Video Playback Error
- For Android Lollipop and above users, you can try this potential method, Go to Setting>About phone, tap 7 times on Build version to unlock developers option in setting.
Scroll down in developers option until you see entry under media called Use AwesomePlayer (deprecated) and enable it. If it previously enabled disable it, reboot your device to check for the fix.
Fix all Common Bugs
- Go to Settings on your Android device.
- Open Apps or Apps manager.
- check for All Apps.
- Tap on the menu icon.
- Click on ‘Reset App Preferences’.
Use Older Version of the App
Using an older version of the App will help eliminate any compatible issues. The older version of the App will run using prior dynamics which are comfortable with phone specs. You can Google search to find an older version of the App for Android OS. You can also tweak the App codes using APK Editor App and then try running the App.
App Not Working | Force Close on Fire TV
Go Settings → Applications → Manage Installed Applications from the Fire TV menu.
Select the ShowBox TV App from the list.
- Clear the cache and/or data, which often resolves intermittent performance issues.
- Change available settings for the app.
- Force stop the app.
- Uninstall the app.
- For Amazon Fire TV (1st and 2nd Generation) devices, you have an option to move the app between internal and external storage.
You can also check if the App has all the permissions needed for its normal working (Gen 3 and above)
Go to Settings → Applications → Manage Applications (Look for the App) → Grant all the Permissions.
Audio Issues with the App on Fire TV
If the video is inaudible than try the following to fix the issue.
- If Fire TV device is connected to an A/V receiver, make sure the receiver is ON
- You can also Turn OFF the Dolby Digital Plus. Just go to Settings → Display & Sounds → Audio from the Fire TV menu.
- If you’re using an HDMI cable to connect your Fire TV device to your TV, unplug it and then reconnect or may need to try a different HDMI cable.
- To use the apps anonymously then you can try any VPN services like OperaVPN which is available on the Google Play Store.
- If any of the streams show any error or issues while loading then also you can try any proxy servers like VPN to stream the content.
- If the app is not working or causing some issues then I recommend you to Clear Data & Cache of the app to fix it.
- To reduce the load time you can connect to Google Open DNS. To change the DNS, you can download the DNS Changer app from Google Play Store.
- Keep the RAM space and device storage (Up to 300MB) free for smooth running of the App.
DMCA: DigitBin.com is in compliance with 17 U.S.C. * 512 and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). It is our policy to respond to any infringement notices and take appropriate actions. If your copyrighted material has been posted on the site and you want this material removed, Contact us.
I do not own the App nor I am affiliated with the App in any form. I have only shared the links to download the file. It may be unsafe to stream content illegally. Proceed at your own discretion.
Note & Conclusion: With the Showbox App you can watch Movies on your Android device. The App hosts a large number of Hollywood Movies which can be downloaded or viewed online. I do not own the App, for any copyright issues contact the developer.
I hope the post was helpful. Do comment below for any assistance or support if needed. Also, let me know if you are facing any issues with the download link.
If you've any thoughts on Showbox App For Android | Legality and Privacy, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our DigitBin YouTube channel for videos tutorials. Cheers!