Lenovo A2010 is smartphone released in september 2015. It comes with Mediatek MT6735M and quad-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A53 with 1GB of RAM support. Let us look at the process to unlock bootloader, root and flash a custom TWRP recovery in Lenovo A2010.
Note: We are not responsible for any damage caused to your phone. As of the test is considered, it is rare that your device will be bricked by the following process.
- Charging 60%
- Original USB cable
- Take a backup of your device
- Enable ‘OEM unlock’ option in Developer Options
- Enable USB debugging in Developer Options
- Extract the files from the archive to your PC. In fact you need only 2 files, “Recovery.img” and “MT6735M_Android_scatter.txt”
Steps to follow:
- Install the MTK USB driver, if it’s not already installed on your computer, extract the files to a folder in your PC. (One way to install the driver is to turn off your phone, remove the battery, start the Device Manager in Windows, connect the phone to the computer with a USB cable. “MT65xx Preloader” will appear in Device Manager. Right click it, select “Install driver”, then “Have Disk”, choose the folder.
- Download SP Flash Tool and just extract the files from the archive. Open SP flash tool.
- Open SP Flash Tools and click Scatter Loading, now select the scatter file of your device (MTXX Android Scatter file). Choose scatter.txt file carefully. Scatter.txt will be located in downloaded firmware folder.
- Uncheck all the boxes if checked.
- Go to/click RECOVERY box from list and load recovery image (TWRP) to flash or install and click Open.
- Switch off your device
- Connect your device and Click DOWNLOAD “button” on top ( not the tab) , If it ask click “yes”
- Let the process be complete.
- Flashing TWRP in your Lenovo A2010 is done. Your Bootloader is unlocked automatically somehow. Let the phone start which may take time.
- Reboot in Recovery by turning of device and booting it back holding power key and volume down button.
- In TWRP Recovery, take back up, delete data and cache then tap on install and install the SuperSU.zip file
- Reboot. Your phone is now rooted.
Conclusion: I recommend to root your Lenovo A2010 using SP flash tool. We are not liable any damage caused. Comment below for any assistance needed.
Here is the video tutorial to use SP flash tool: