Developers at XDA have built a popular custom ROM Resurrection Remix OS based on CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android Lollipop 5.0). The Remix ROM for OnePlus X is built using tweaks based on CM, Slim, Omni ROM and original Remix ROM build. This brings a combination of power, performance and new features to your OnePlus X.
Remix OS for OnePlus X contains beautiful and customisable navigation and status bar which include customisation of color, size, icon, battery bar, switch, carrier label and color and lot more. We also get to choose amazing themes and customise buttons, lockscreen, gestures etc. Remis OS brings with it CM audio FX app, gestures anywhere feature, wake up control and lot more.
(To root your OnePlus X just flash SuperSU.zip file after installing TWRP)
Steps to install Remix OS in OnePlus X:
- Download latest Resurrection Remix OS (.zip file) for OnePlus X and store it in internal storage of your device.
- Take backup of your data.
- Restart OnePlus X in recovery mode.
To do so follow steps below:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold Volume Down key + Power Key about 10 seconds.
- Release Power key only when device vibrates.
- Release Volume down key when Android TWRP Recovery mode appears.
- Tap Backup and swipe to confirm.
- Once done backing up.
- Tap wipe, wipe data and cache.
- Tap Install then choose the ROM .zip file and flash it.
- Wait for the process to complete, it may take few minutes for installation and upgradation process to complete.
- Reboot your device.
- If you wish you can similarly flash GApps for OnePlus X.
- Holla! Your OnePlus X running on Remix OS.
Note: xGadgetPlus is not liable for any damage caused to your phone like bricking or malfunctioning. Please comment below for any assistance required.