Lenovo Vibe S1 which runs on Android 5.0 lollipop was released in September of 2015. There is no confirmation from the company whether Lenovo Vibe S1 will get Marshmallow update anytime sooner. As of reports, Vibe S1 may stick to Android Lollipop. Lenovo Vibe S1 is capable and worthy of running Android Marshmallow 6.0 with its Mediatek MT6752 and Octa-core 1.7 GHz Cortex-A53 with 3GB of RAM support.
Not to be disappointed, here is a good news for all Lenovo Vibe S1 owners, a custom ROM based on Android Marshmallow is developed by developers at XDA which when tested is found to be very stable having excellent UI, fast performance and powerful computing features meeting the standards of stock Android Marshmallow 6.0. With Android Marshmallow you get better RAM management, better battery saving options, 4K video playing and lot more.
Unlocked Bootloader of Lenovo Vibe S1
- Download the patch through here
- Unzip it
- Connect your phone to PC with USB Debug Mode ON in your Lenovo Vibe S1 under developers option of setting.
- Run stack.bat file
If the method above doesn’t work try method mentioned on this blog
Rooted Lenovo Vibe S1
- Download and installKingo Root app on your PC.
- Connect your Lenovo Vibe S1 to PC using USB cable. Make sure you have enabled USB debugging in your smartphone under developers option of settings.
- Follow the instruction displayed.
Steps to Install Android Marshmallow a Lenovo Vibe S1:
- Download the custom ROM from the source given below on your PC. The ROM is split into three parts because of its size. Download all three parts in the same folder. Then double click the first part and other two will automatically combine with first to form a single file. You will need a WinRar program to do so.
2. Download and Install ROM Manager from Google Play Store. Open the app and tap on Flash ClockworkModRecovery or Recovery Setup. Under Install or update recovery tap on ClockworkMod recovery. Click ok to everything to proceed further. Tap on Flash ClockworkMod Recovery, and let the app be downloaded and installed.
(You do not need to Download ROM manager if you have an unlocked bootloader with TWRP installed. Enter recovery mode by turning off your device and pressing power key and volume down button simultaneously till TWRP menu appears. Then just clear data, take backup and tap on install option on TWRP menu, select and flash the .zip file.)
3. Transfer the ROM .zip file from PC to your internal storage using USB cable or any other medium available.
4. Open the ROM Manager app and tap on Reboot in recovery.
5. In RecoveryMod clear data, clear cache partition and clear Dalvik cache using volume keys for navigation and power key to execute the action.
6. Go to the folder where you have saved the Android Marshmallow ROM .zip file and install it.
7. The process may take a couple of minutes and finally reboot your device.
8. Holla! You now run Android Marshmallow 6.0 on Lenovo Vibe S1.
- And almost everything.
Not Working Features
- Nothing major found yet (except few negligible bugs)
Conclusion: We do not recommend you to download unofficial firmware. **DigitBin is not liable for any damage caused to your phone. Feel free to ask and please comment below for any further assistance and share your experience.