Good news for all Lenovo Vibe S1 users. Lenovo has recently released Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for its Lenovo Vibe S1.
The update would be available on Over-The-Air (OTA) upgrade. So you do not need to download any manual patch. It OTA would not be available if your device is rooted, modified or under contract with operator as quoted by Lenovo. System upgrade may be country specific, hence it may not be available in some territories or regions.
How to upgrade Lenovo Vibe S1 to Android Marshmallow 6.0 ?
- You should have data connection.
- Before updating make sure you have battery fully charged.
- Take backup of the data as update may delete some or all of your device data.
- To take backup goto Settings > Backup & reset and turn on all the options.
- Now goto Settings and scroll down to About phone. Tap on Device/system update and if update is shown download the file and upadte your device.
- The process may take sometime and your initial boot may be long. So please be patient.
Note: As listed on Lenovo website the update is scheduled to be released in April 2016 but the dates may change without notice. If you haven’t got update yet, nothing to worry the updates may be released soon for your region. Regularly check for device update under settings.