Sony Xperia E3 was smartphone launched in september of 2014. It is available in single and dual SIM variants. It sports Qualcomm MSM8926-2 Snapdragon 400 SoC which is hooded by Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7 and backs 1GB of RAM with 4GB of ROM. It runs on Android version of Kitkat 4.4.2.
If reports are to be believed no higher Android versions updates will be available for Sony Xperia E3 and the device therefore will be stuck with Android Kitkat. But developers at XDA have developed a popular custom ROM CyanogenMod 12 based on Android Lollipop 5.0 for the Xperia E3 D2203.
Benefits of CyanogenMod
- No Bloatware
- Increased Security
- Interface Customisation
- Increased Performance
- Sound Tweaks
- Button Customisation
And above all, it makes most out of your device capabilities.
Note: The Cyanogen ROM for Sony Xperia E3 D2203 is unofficial. DigitBin is not liable for any damage caused to your phone. You will void your device warranty.
Prerequisites for installing CyanogenMod
- Unlock bootloader
- Rooted Sony Xperia E3 D2203 (optional). But it is better to root
- Take a backup of your device.
- Battery over 60%
To root use Kingo Root app. (Download and Run the on your PC and follow the instructions given on screen, it is simple and only one click process)
Steps to install CyanogenMod 12 in Sony Xperia E3 D2203.
- Make sure you have unlocked the Bootloader and rooted your device. (See above)
- Now enter in Recovery Mode of your device. To do so follow the steps below:
- Download the CyanogenMod 12 ROM and store it in root storage(Internal storage) of your device. Not in any particular folder.
- Download Gapps for Xperia E3 D2203. (Optional) (Google search to download)
- Download CWM recovery on your Xperia E3 D2203 from play store.
- Now enter in Recovery Mode of your device.
- In recovery select perform full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset” by using volume keys to navigate to navigate and power key to confirm.
- Now perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition”.
- Now select on option ‘advanced’ and “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Go back to main recovery screen and select “install .zip from sdcard”.
- Now select the CyanogenMod.zip stored on your sdcard and confirm the installation by pressing power key.
- Repeat the procedure for Gapps.zip and after the installation process is complete select “reboot system now”.
- First boot will take some time. Holla! Your Sony Xperia E3 D2203 now runs on CyanogenMod 12.0 Lollipop.
The ROM is not tested and may include some bugs.
Note: This ROM is only for Xperia E3 D2203. Check your device build in settings>About phone. And proceed forward. DigitBin is not liable for any damage caused to your phone. Readers discretion is advised.