YU released Yuphoria smartphone back in 2015 with CyanogenMod ROM. The device comes with Dual SIM support and LTE. It runs on Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410 with Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53. The device also sports 16GB ROM and 2GB RAM. with the closure of Cyanogen, the users wherein hiatus but a developer has released a Lineage OS based on Android 7.0 Nougat
With the closure of Cyanogen, the users wherein hiatus but a developer has released a Lineage OS based on Android 7.0 Nougat for Yu Yuphoria. Follow the guide below to flash the ROM on your device.
- Unlocked Bootloader
- Installed Recovery.img (Download this TWRP for Yuphoria)
- Battery above 60%
- Take the backup of your data.
How to Flash Lineage OS in Yu Yuphoria?
- Make sure you have unlocked bootloader and installed custom recovery in Yu Yuphoria (See above; prerequisites).
- Download Lineage OS ROM (.zip file) for Yu Yuphoria in your device.
To do so follow steps below:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold Volume Down key + Power Key about 10 seconds.
- Release Power key only when device vibrates.
- Release Volume down key when Android TWRP Recovery mode appears.
- In recovery mode Tap Backup and swipe to confirm.
- Tap wipe, click on the advance option and wipe data, Dalvik, system and cache.
- Now in TWRP home click on install and locate the Lineage ROM file, install and flash it.
- Do a Google search and download Gapps (ARM64/7.1/Pico) and flash it in the same manner.
- Then reboot the device.
- Holla! You have just installed Lineage OS in your Yu!
Working features with Lineage OS:
- Dual SIM
- Double tap wake
- And all other major features.
The phone has Data Towel Bug so to turn on 4G data you need to use LTE discovery app each time to turn on the 4G data.
Conclusion: I hope the post was helpful, do comment below for any of the assistance. ***DigitBin is not liable for any damage caused.
If you've any thoughts on [ROM] Install Lineage OS 14.1 in Micromax YU Yuphoria, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our DigitBin YouTube channel for videos tutorials. Cheers!