Encountering an error all of a sudden while you are streaming your favorite web series or movie on Amazon Prime undoubtedly hits the worst of your experience. Well, sometimes things might go wrong if your device is not connected to a reliable internet connection. However, this is not all of it. Prime video has a long list of error codes that categorize different issues. Even if these codes hold a reason behind them, but they don’t seem to be useful most of the time.
Although the list contains quite a bunch of error codes, the most popular ones are witnessed by most prime video users. Besides, in order to understand these problems, you need to go to the roots and figure out a solution. This article will focus on dealing with most of these error codes and finding a fix for them.
Some of the most common error codes, such as 5004, 5005, 5014, 5016, 2016, 2026, 2040, etc., are basically linked with the basic operations of the Prime Video service. Each code resembles an error belonging to a whole different category. Moreover, each of these categories has unique fixes.
How to Fix All Error Codes on Prime Video?
In order to fix the errors on your Amazon Prime Video, you will first have to understand the cause of these problems. However, we tried our best to include most of the error codes and group them into different categories, so the next time you encounter one, you know the exact solution to overcome it.
1. Problem with Amazon Prime Video
Whenever you see the error codes 5004, 2063, or 7235, it is because your Prime Video service has run down to some issues. The best way to deal with these error codes is to follow the below-mentioned solutions for each code:
- Error 5004: This commonly appears if there is any certain issue with your login credentials. So, make sure if your login email and password are correct. However, if the problem still continues to appear, simply click on Forgot Password and reset it.
- Error 2063: To avoid this error, check if your 1-click payment details are correct or not. If not, set them back properly, and the problem must be resolved.
- Error 7235: This error code mostly appears if you are running an old version of your web browser. Therefore, go to Settings > About Chrome, and check for any available updates and get the latest version of it to avoid such errors.
2. Issues with Signing Up or Logging in
If you have ever encountered the error code 5005, this is due to incorrect account details. Hence, the solution is pretty simple. Give a second look at your login/sign-up details. In case you cannot sign out of your account, go to Account and click on Settings. On the Amazon Prime Video website, click Deregister next to the device you want to remove your account from.
Also, this error sometimes shows off due to poor network connections too. So, another wise choice can be to wait for a little while and let the connection get back to stability.
3. Errors with Payments and Orders in Amazon Prime Video
There are basically a dozen error codes associated with the payments and orders of the Prime video services. The following codes are particularly related to this section of issues with Amazon Prime Video.
Possible Error Codes: 2016, 2021, 2023, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2040, 2041, 2043, 2044, 2047, 2048, 7035.
If you ever happen to come across any of these error codes, follow the steps below to get a long-term fix:
- Go to the 1-Click Payment settings and check if everything is alright.
- In case you wish to make a purchase using your Apple account, don’t forget to provide up-to-date payment details.
- Check for payment detail update notifications in the Digital Orders section.
- Use a different payment method.
4. Error while Playing Titles on Prime Video
This is probably the most annoying type of error that occurs either during the time you are streaming your favorites or when you try to open a title on Amazon Prime. The error codes related to this issue are as follows:
Error Codes: 1007, 1022, 7003, 7005, 7031, 7135, 7202, 7203, 7204, 7206, 72207, 7230, 7250,7251, 7301, 7303, 7305, 7306, 8020, 9003, 9074
To get rid of this pesky issue, hang in with the below-mentioned tricks:
- Close the Amazon Prime Video app/ website on your system.
- Restart your device and make sure you have the latest version of the Prime Video app or web browser installed on your device.
- Cut off usage of the source internet connection by any other device during the very same time.
- Check if your internet connection is stable. If not, switch off and on your router to re-establish a connection with the server.
- Disable any sort of VPN or proxy service.
- In case you are streaming Prime Videos on your smart TV, make sure if any external device connected to your display is connected via an HDMI which is compatible with either HDCP 1.4 or HDCP 2.2.
From Editor’s Desk
Hopefully, this article will help you overcome most of the error codes with Prime Videos, if not all. However, if you still get stuck with some other sort of error and can’t figure out a true solution, feel free to comment below. We will do our best to come up with a solution and get you out of it. Let us know if this article has done any good to you, overcoming an error with Prime Videos.
If you've any thoughts on Fix All Error Codes on Amazon Prime Video, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our DigitBin YouTube channel for videos tutorials. Cheers!