YouTube is by far the most popular video sharing and hosting service. You can watch billions of minutes of Audio-visual content for free from any supported device with active internet connectivity. YouTube has billions of monthly active users and a very powerful system to convert this visitors into money. To earn money Google sells Ads on YouTube. Though Ads may be disturbing, they are the necessary evil. YouTube shows a number of Ads to the users ranging from video ads to sponsorship cards and banner ads. The ads are important for the content developers to create more powerful videos as they serve as the source of income for the YouTubers. Google serves interest based Ads which are less intrusive and irritating in nature.
Aggressively presented Ads can be vexatious. Google also has an aggressive mode of advertising and when they are injected during video play it is surely going to irk the users. Though for the desktop you can block ads using AdBlock extension there is no such provision for Mobile App. Today I will Tell you few methods to Block Ads on YouTube App for Android.
AdBlocker for YouTube App on Android
1. OGYouTube | Mod AdBlocker YouTube
OGYouTube App is a forked version of original YouTube App with AdBlocker, Direct Download Links, Background video play, Dark Mode, Pop-Up window and much more. The OGYouTube has the same UI as the YouTube App with some added features.
The App has all core functions of the original YouTube App with added features which will make you glued to the Mod YouTube App for your Android. You can sign-in with your Google Account and also sync your Data with existing account and data to keep your info safe.
Features of Mod YouTube App
- Works as YouTube – The core functionality and UI is basically same as official YouTube App.
- Video Downloading – You can download videos directly from the Mod App with the desired quality. It also has the feature of multiple videos downloading.
- No Need of Root – You do not require any root access to the App
- Background Play – You can play the YouTube videos in the background with one click button.
- Ad Free – The App is ad-free so you can relax and watch your favourite content without much disturbance.
- Multitasking (Video Restore Down) – You can reduce the video to take a small portion of your screen so that you do other stuff on your device.
- Dark Mode – You can use YouTube Dark Mode on your Android Device.
- Support and Stability – Support Android 4.4+ and app is highly stable.
- Run Parallel with Default YouTube App
2. DNS66 | Block Ads, Trackers & Malware
DNS66 is one of the most popular repository based Ad Blocker App for Android. The DNS66 creates an encrypted server filtering all sort of Ads from intrusive Ads, Pop Ads, Web Ads, App Ads etc.
The DNS66 not only blocks ads on YouTube but all other Ads which you encounter while using your smartphone.
Just download the DNS66 App from F-Droid and open the App. Here click on Domain Filters → Adaway Host Files.
Tap the power icon on the home screen of the App and download any missing files if prompted. Done! Adblock activated.
Apart from this, you can also keep your privacy at high security with various options available in the DNS66 App including, Malware Host, Ad Tracker Host, DNS Host etc.
I recommend this app if you want to make your phone high on privacy.
3. NewPipe | Powerful Front-end YouTube App
NewPipe is a Freeware Open Source lightweight YouTube App. It has a frontend youtube interface. The best thing about the App is you can run it without any Google API or the irritating Google Play Services.
Basically, the NewPipe App just collects YT websites URL source and displays it in form of the App. But this App can prove to be very powerful if you have a low-end Android phone with limited power.
Features NewPipe App
- Runs without Google Play Services
- You can set and change the quality of video play.
- Download the video and audio at various different resolutions.
- You can play the video as a Pop-up box for multitasking
- Play the video in the background.
- Lightweight and consumes low storage space and RAM
Conclusion: With the above Apps you can block the Ads on YouTube with direct App installation or with the help of 3rd party Ad Blockers. OGYouTube is a forked version of YouTube App. DNS66 is an Ad Block filter for Android. And NewPipe is a frontend YouTube App with some excellent features along with Ad Blocking.
I hope the post was helpful. Do comment below for any assistance or support. Enjoy the seamless entertainment without any advertising disturbance.