With a format similar to Twitter, Meta’s Threads app, widely regarded as Elon Musk’s most significant rival, launched recently in a surprise announcement. But not everyone is ok with using the Threads app; here in this article, we will discuss how to delete Threads account permanently. So, let’s get started with the guide.
Note: It is not possible to delete your Threads account without deleting your associated Instagram account. But you can completely deactivate your Threads account if you no longer wish to use it.
Steps to Permanently Delete Threads Account?
Here are the steps you need to follow if you no longer want to use Threads and want your account deleted:
- On your device, open the Instagram app and click on the Profile icon. On the right side of the screen, you will find a menu icon (three horizontal lines).
- Click on Settings and Privacy.
- Here choose “Account Center” from the menu.
- In the Accounts Settings, click “Personal Details.”
- Tap on the “Account ownership and control” area.
- In this section, you should see the option “Deactivate or delete your account.” Select your Threads account that is linked to your Instagram account. Select the one you want to get rid of.
- Click “Deactivation or Deletion” and then “Continue.”
- Choose a reason for canceling your account. Once you have selected the most appropriate reason, tap “Continue.”
- Enter your password when prompted and click “Continue.”
- Click “Delete account” to confirm your deletion request.
This will also delete the Instagram account, Meta in future may bring in an option to delete the Threads account and related data separately, but as of now, you may have to forgo your Instagram if you wish to delete the Threads account.