The Signal app is free to download and can send encrypted text, image, audio, and video messages for individuals and groups. However, there are several other alternatives to WhatsApp like Signal. And if in haste, you downloaded the Signal application and have set up your profile, but found other apps like Telegram more featureful, then you can always delete your Signal account permanently. In this post, we will give you the methods via which you will be able to delete your Signal account from Android, iOS, or Desktop platforms.
Permanently Delete Signal Account
You can follow the steps mentioned to either disable your phone number or permanently delete your Signal account from Android, iOS, or Windows.
- First of all, open Signal application.
- Head over to Settings → Advanced.
- Then tap on Delete Account.
- You will be asked to enter your Signal number.
- Now tap on Delete Account once again.
- Your Signal account will be deleted.
Once you have followed all the steps correctly as mentioned above, then your Signal account will be permanently deleted.
- Open the Signal app on your iOS device.
- Head over to Settings.
- Tap on Advanced.
- Now, tap on Delete Account.
- Choose the Proceed option to continue.
After you are done with the final step, all your personal data of the Signal account on your iOS registered number will be deleted.
- Open Signal.
- You have to follow the below-mentioned steps to navigate to preferences, based on your operating system:
Mac: Go to Signal > Preferences.
Windows: Go to File > Preferences.
Linux: Go to File > Preferences.
- Now you need to tap on Clear Data.
- Choose Delete All Data, which will obviously clear all of your personal data.
Note that, you will still remain registered on your mobile device. In order to completely de-register your mobile, you need to follow the steps mentioned for either Android or iOS mobile as mentioned in the above sections to delete your Signal account from your mobile phone.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. Note that disabling or deleting your Signal account will unregister your phone number to be used with the Signal application. Moreover, your account will be deleted from the server and all your data will also be deleted permanently.
Good thing is that you can once again register with the same number whenever you feel to use the Signal application. Let us know in the comments below if you liked this post and if it helped you in any way. For more such awesome coverage, follow DigitBin. Until the next post…Cheers!