CyanogenMod is one of the best Android custom OS developed by independent developers called the CyanogenMod community. It has many advanced features that a stock Android ROM is lacking. Some of the features include :
- Inbuilt root support.
- Minimum bloatware.
- Good speed and performance.
- Enhanced security.
- Large variety of themes and skin.
- Advanced Gestures and Equalizer
Above all CyanogenMod makes the most out of your devices capabilities.
It is possible to install CyanogenMod in OnePlus X without rooting by installing CyanogenMod ROM in recovery mode.
Steps to install CyanogenMod 12.1 (Lollipop 5.1.1) :
- Download latest CyanogenMod 12.1 OS (.zip file) from the developer site for OnePlus X. ( Thanks to MasterAwesome)
- If you wish you can download Google Apps compatible for OnePlus X.
- Store both these files into internal or local storage of OnePlus X.
- Make sure you have at least 60% battery in your OnePlus X.
- Restart OnePlus X in recovery mode.
To do so follow steps below:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold Volume Down key + Power Key about 10 seconds.
- Release Power key only when device vibrates.
- Release Volume down key when Android TWRP Recovery mode appears.
- Take backup of your data.
- Tap Backup and swipe to confirm.
- Once done backing up.
- Tap wipe, wipe data and cache.
- Tap Install then choose the ROM .zip file and flash it.
- Wait for the process to complete, it may take few minutes for installation and upgradation process to complete.
- Reboot your device.
- Holla! Your OnePlus X running on CyanogenMod 12.1
- Similarly you can install gapps file.
Working features in CyanogenMod with OnePlus X:
- RIL (DUAL-SIM)
- Tri State keys
- Mobile data
- proximity sensor
Not working features:
- In-call recording
Note and Conclusion:
*** We don’t recommend to flash your device with an unofficial version. xGadgetPlus is not liable for any damage caused or bricking of your phone.
If you are facing any problem comment below, we will be happy to help you.
Here is a video review of running of CM 12.1 on OnePlus X :