Many times some of the sites may be blocked by network administrator due to reasons which are better known to them or due to some virtuous reasons. Today I will tell you some methods by which you can bypass the block and access the website.
Note: This post is for informational purpose only. DigitBin doesn’t endorse the software tools nor it is affiliated with it in any form. We don’t support any sort of malpractices and are bound by the law. Readers Discretion is advised.
Bypass the Website Restriction by Administrator
Method 1. Changing DNS
- Search ‘ncpa.cpl‘ in Windows.
- Look for the option called Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Click on it and click on the properties button.
- Now manually use following DNS servers; Preferred DNS server as 18.104.22.168 & Alternate DNS server as 22.214.171.124 (Google’s public DNS) (Set IP as automatic)
- Restart the browser and check the website.
Method 2. Use VPN to Change Server Location
VPN are best tools to for any general internet users. VPN block your ISP from knowing your online activity. VPN hides your data by sending your web traffic to another secure location. It forms a secure tunnel to provide end-to-end protection. Therefore, your ISP will not know what you’re up to.
So, when you visit a restricted website then it will be difficult for the network to detect the URL’s hence you enter the blocked website.
VPN requires no complicated setup, are stable and more reliable. Just download them on Android or use as a chrome extension and turn it ON.
For Chrome Browser you can try Hola VPN Chrome extension. There are also other free VPN service providers which you can check out.
There are many VPN apps on Google Play Store. You can try Opera VPN or MasterVPN for your Android Device.
Method 3. Use IP Address of Website.
Administrator blocks the websites by saving the URL in the blacklist but you can still open the site using the IP address of the site. To do so follow the steps below,
- Go to Start menu of your PC and search for Run
- Open Run program.
- Type CMD and press enter.
- Now type the word Ping and enter the URL
- You will be shown the IP address.
- Type this IP address into the browser to access the website.
Method 4. Use Proxy Servers
There are many online services which provide secure encrypted proxy server especially if you are using a Wi-Fi network. One such tool is Privoxy which also provides advanced privacy features. These services create a secure channel fooling the ISP’s and giving you anonymity to use the blocked websites.
Method 5. Use Shortened URL
Shortened URL may deceive the network administrator as the URL address would be changed to something unusual and this shorter URL is not blacklisted by the administrator. You can try goo.gl to shorten the URL. Copy and paste the short URL in the browser to access the restricted site.
Method 6. Use TOR (The Onion Router) Browser.
TOR browsers are generally used for searching the deep web and dark web. Tor encrypts and hides your https web activities by using a number of different anonymous connected TOR web servers thus not leaving even a trace of your web activity. The ISP and the network administrator cannot look into TOR browser thus you can enter the blocked web page.
Method 7. Use Google Translate
This technique is found to be very effective.
- Go to translate.google.com
- Now enter the URL of the site and select any other language.
- Once the site is open then again select your desired language.
- The website will bypass the restriction.
Conclusion: I hope the post was Helpful. Do comment below for any assistance required.