JioFi Mi-Fi Wifi router is a portable hotspot introduced by Jio Infocomm LTD. In the box, you have a charger and USB cable. Apart from using as a Wi-Fi hotspot, the JioFi also offers HD voice and video calls with the help of JioJoin app in Wi-Fi connected smartphones.
If you are facing the problem with your JioFi and it’s upgraded version like JioFi 2 or 3 then today I have come up with all potential solution and it’s fixes. The common issues with JioFi like Automatic Reboot, system error, forget the password, network issues, heating etc. There is a simple solution to hard reset the JioFi and solve all these JioFi issues.
How to Hard Reset the JioFi Device?
Hard reset is the process which resets all the device settings back to default thus factory resetting Mi-Fi data.
Step 1. Do not remove the battery. Keep the JioFi ON.
Step 2. Remove the back cover.
Step 3. Now look for ‘Reset’ text on the side of WPS button.
Step 4. Use any pin or SIM ejector and press the button inside. (Do not use any sharp object)
Step 5. Press the button for at least 30 seconds.
Step 6. Your JioFi will start blinking and reboot automatically.
Step 7. Connect the JioFi to your browser. And access the Jio services. You need to set up the JioFi configuration again as resetting will delete all the saved settings and data.
Note: For some JioFI devices the reset button may be present above the battery in form of small hole.
How to Fix Red Blinking Signal Issue on JioFi?
I also had the same signal issue on JioFi 3 device.Please follow steps to resolve the red signal blinking issue.
You can perform it after Factory Setting reset.
- Connect your JioFi to the computer and open a browser like Chrome.
- Enter the URL http://jiofi.local.html
- Login with Login ID and password
- Click User Management tab
- Click “Restore” to let device restore
Improve JioFi battery backup and Solve any Heating Issue
Under Settings in Admin Control
- For Wi-Fi Menu you need to set 802.11 Mode to 2.4 GHz (B), Disable WMM, keep Tx Power to Low and set Channel mode to Automatic.
- Under Storage Menu Disable Storage account.
- Under Advanced Settings make Power save to max time available.