Windows 11 is the latest update of the Windows operating system developed by Microsoft. It offers easy-to-use tools that help you optimize your screen space and maximize your productivity. However, like any other software’s initial version, it is also prone to bugs and errors.
Error 0x80070643 is an update error that many Windows 11 users have been facing. Users face this issue while installing new patch updates on Windows 11. There could be various reasons for this trouble, like the update database getting corrupted, the .NET framework requiring some repair, the system file is missing, etc.
Fortunately, there are some troubleshooting methods that can help you eliminate this issue. So without any delay, let’s find out what you can do to solve this problem.
In this post, you will learn about some troubleshooting methods to help you fix update error 0x80070643.
Fix 1: Restart your PC
Rebooting your PC can help to solve minor issues automatically. Start by simply restarting your PC.
Fix 2: Retry the Installation
In some cases, attempting to install the update again can work. So it is worth trying at least once before proceeding with any troubleshooting.
Fix 3: Re-download the update file
If the downloaded update displays a 0x80070643 error message, it is possible the file may have been corrupted during the download. Download the file again to see if it fixes the problem.
Fix 3: Run the Windows Troubleshooter
Running the Windows Troubleshooter can help you resolve the issue. Follow these steps to get the work done:
- Open Settings on your Windows 11 PC.
- Click on System present at the top left corner and then click on Troubleshoot.
- Now click on “Other troubleshooters.”
- Click on the Run option present next to Windows Update to start the Windows Update Troubleshooter on your PC.
- Now follow the instructions given on-screen to run the Windows update.
Fix 4: Turn Off Third-party Antivirus Software
Any third-party antivirus installed on your PC could be the reason why you are facing this issue. Try disabling the third-party antivirus on your PC. If disabling the antivirus software doesn’t help, uninstall the antivirus software temporarily and check for the same.
Fix 5: Run an SFC scan
Error 0x80070643 can also occur because of corrupted files. Check for corrupted files by running an SFC scan. Follow the steps given below to get your work done:
- Search for “cmd“ in the Start Menu.
- Click on “Run as Administrator”.
- In the command prompt, type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- Now, wait for the process to start, and the scanner will scan for corrupted files automatically.
- Once the method is complete, restart your computer and you won’t face the issue anymore.
Fix 6: Install the latest .NET Framework
Check if you have the latest .NET framework on your PC. If not, you can download the latest .NET framework here. By clicking on this link, you will be redirected to Microsoft’s official website. From there, you can download the runtime version of the .NET framework.
After the download is complete, install it on your PC. Once the installation is complete, you will not face the issue anymore.
Fix 7: Run the .NET Framework Repair Tool
Windows 11 Error 0x80070643 may occur due to some issues with the .NET framework. You can use the .NET framework repair tool to deal with this issue. Follow the steps given below to get your work done:
- Download the .NET framework repair tool from here.
- Click on the download button and it will start downloading automatically.
- Run the file and follow the on-screen instructions to repair your .NET framework.
- After you have completed the procedure, you should no longer face the issue.
This was how you could fix the update error 0x80070643 on your Windows 11 PC. We hope this post helped to solve the problem. If you are still unable to solve the problem, let us know in the comments section.
If you've any thoughts on How to Fix Update Error 0x80070643 in Windows 11?, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our DigitBin YouTube channel for videos tutorials. Cheers!