The experience of playing games on a dedicated gaming console such as a PlayStation is simply outstanding. Yes, you can play games on your Windows PC or laptop, but the quality and texture of games on consoles are just next level. Not long ago, Sony introduced the PlayStation 5 to the market.
However, it is still struggling to meet the supply demands in some regions. Whatever the case may be, a sizable number of people are still sticking with their PS4 and not upgrading. Since, Microsoft also introduced its latest OS, Windows 11, people want to know how to connect the PS4 controller to Windows 11. If you are one of such users, then you have landed in the right place.
Because, in this guide, we will show you how you can connect your PS4 controller to your Windows 11 PC or laptop and use it to play games on your computer. With that having said, let us jump straight into the article itself and look how you can connect Connect PS4 Controller with Windows 11 PC
1. Connect PS4 DualShock 4 with Steam
Since Steam is a popular gaming platform, it comes with support for connecting DualShock 4. You can follow the steps below to connect your PS4 controller with your PC using Steam.
- Download the latest Steam client on your PC and open it.
- Login with your account.
- Now, plug your controller into the PC. You can use the wired USB connection or use Bluetooth for wireless gameplay.
- If you are connecting it with Bluetooth, then you need to pair your PS4 controller with a PC. To do that, simply press the PS button and Share button together, till the lightbar starts blinking.
- Open Windows 11 Settings (Windows+I) and navigate to Bluetooth & devices option. Here click on Add device option.
- Under the Bluetooth option, select the discovered PS4 controller and connect it. It will be called a “Wireless Controller or PS4 Dual Shock Controller”.
- Head back to Steam and click on the Steam button on the top-left corner. Press Settings.
- Select Controller and then click on the General Control Settings button on the right-side.
- Check the box for PlayStation configuration support.
- You can now customize your controller for Steam.
- That’s it! Your PS4 controller is now ready to be used with your PC.
But for many, this method doesn’t work, and even though Steam detects your controller, the game that you wish to play won’t detect your PS4 controller. In such a case, the next method could be useful.
2. Connect a PS4 controller using DS4Window
Using the DS4Window software requires a number of extra steps before you can actually enjoy your PS4 controller on your PC. The main purpose of using the DS4Window tool is to fool your PC into believing that you’re using an Xbox 360 controller. Don’t worry, it works perfectly fine with PS4 controllers as well.
- Visit the official website and download the latest version of the DS4Window software.
- Extract it on your PC and open the DS4Windows file.
- On the new window, follow the on-screen instructions to begin the installation process.
- After the installation is complete, you are now ready to connect your controller to the PC. Plugin your PS4 controller into the USB port or use Bluetooth.
- For a USB connection, as soon as you connect it, your PC will detect your controller and you are ready to play games.
- On the other hand, for Bluetooth connections, you need to hold the PS and Share buttons together till the light starts blinking.
- Connect your PC to the controller and then click Finish on the DS4Window to start using the controller.
If the PS4 Controller is Displayed as an Xbox Controller on Steam
Using a PS4 controller on Windows has its perks and some issues. In some games, you will notice that your PS4 controller has an Xbox controller layout. This is because your PS4 controller has to rely on Steam’s emulation of the connected controller.
Do not worry. All you need to do is get familiar with the Xbox button layout.
- Cross = A
- Circle = B
- Triangle = Y
- Square = X
- R1= RT
- R2 = RB
- L1 = LT
- L2 = LB
This is why we recommend you connect your PS4 controller to your Windows PC to get the correct PlayStation buttons set up.
If you've any thoughts on How to Connect the DualShock 4 Controller to Windows 11?, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our DigitBin YouTube channel for videos tutorials. Cheers!