Telegram is milking people’s dissatisfaction with WhatsApp to the fullest. The messaging platform, which recently hit 500 million users globally, has rolled out a new feature that allows users to import their chats from other messaging apps like WhatsApp, KakaoTalk, and Line.
Telegram version 7.4.1 will bring the new feature that is available for both iOS and Android devices. The feature is available for both individual chats and group chats. Users can move texts, images, videos, and documents to Telegram with just a few steps. Telegram also clarified that moving the chats and media will not take up extra memory space.
We have made a guide for iOS and Android users who want to move their chats. Here are the steps you should follow:
- Open WhatsApp
- Go to the chat you want to move(Individual or group) and tap on Contact Info/Group Info
- Tap on the ‘Export Chat’ option and select Telegram and choose the chat you want the move your imported chats to.
- The chats will be moved easily with the original timestamps.
- Open WhatsApp
- Go to the chat you want to move (Individual or group) and tap on the three dots on the top right of the screen.
- Tap on More from the menu that appears and tap on the ‘Export Chat’ option
- Choose whether you want to export the chats with or without media.
- Select Telegram from the options displayed and choose the chat in which you want to move the imported chats to, and you are all set!
The app has another very exciting new feature. With the latest update, users can now delete messages they send and receive any time they want for both sides! So you can be as secretive as you want!
It sure looks like Telegram is trying to attract users with compelling features that make it easy to forget WhatsApp.
If you've any thoughts on Telegram’s New feature Now Lets Users Import Chats from WhatsApp to Telegram, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our DigitBin YouTube channel for videos tutorials. Cheers!