Google has an advanced security system, so do the other online mainstream website. However, Google also has some different methods of authentication technology. Example, 2-step verification code, Google Prompt, USB Security Key login, and Email Notification. While sole-purpose of all the security technology to protect user accounts against unauthorized access. But, Google went a step ahead and made this authentication process quite easy and seamless.
It’s quite important these days to have a second layer of security apart from the regular password-based authentication. In this article, we are going to touch base upon the traditional two-factor authentication using a security code login. However, this will unlock other verification methods as well like Google Prompt which is my current favorite.
Steps to Enable 2-Step Verification in Google
Setting up the 2FA or 2-step verification in Google account is really simple. All you need is a working phone number that you want to verify and receive the security code. Follow the below steps to enable 2-step verification in Google:
- Go to myaccount.google.com
- Select the Security tab from the list
- Within Security tab, scroll down to 2-Step Verification option
- Click on the option to open the Two Factor Authentication wizard
- Enter the Google Account Password when prompted and hit on [Next] button to continue
- Enter your active Phone number to receive the SMS code
- Select the option how you want to receive the code — Text message or Phone call
- Hit on [Next] and verify the Phone number with 6 digital numeric security code received on the mobile
- That’s it! The 2-Step verification is now enabled on your Google Account
Next time when you login to Google Account on some other device, you need to verify the sign in by entering the security code received on your phone. Alternatively, you can also use the Google Prompt option to quickly allow the logins. However, you need to have an Android device added to Google account.
Watch the 2-Step Verification setup for Google
Watch this detailed quick demo tutorial of a 2-step verification setup for any Google account user. Make sure that you have got the Phone number handy when enabling the authentication factor.
I hope you liked the video, please subscribe to our channel for more updates.
You’ve now enabled the two-factor authentication system or 2-step verification in your Google account. This has added an extra layer of security to block unauthorized sign in attempts.
If you've any thoughts on Enable 2-Step Verification in Google Account Login, then feel free to drop in below comment box.
Also, please subscribe to our DigitBin YouTube channel for more important updates. Cheers!