Lenovo released its much popular Moto G series smartphone Moto G4 Plus or Moto G 4th Gen plus. The phone sports Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53 running on Android 6.0 having a good camera upgrade. As you have decided to unlock the bootloader of your Moto G4 Plus for development purpose. Here is the process to unlock the bootloader of Moto G4 Plus.
Note: DigitBin is not liable for any damage caused to your phone. You will void your device warranty. Perform the following operation at your own risk. Readers discretion is advised.
- Battery filed up to 60%
- Take the backup of your device as unlocking bootloader will wipe your device data.
- Computer and USB cable
Steps to unlock bootloader of Moto G Plus (+) 4th Gen:
- Download and Run Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool on your PC.
- Install the USB drivers if not automatically installed when USB is connected.
- Open Moto G4 Plus settings and open developer options (setting > About phone > Build Number, tap 5-8 times till the developer’s options appear under settings),
- In the developer’s settings right check on ‘Allow OEM unlock’ and ‘USB Debugging’.
- Now boot into Fastboot mode by powering off the device and turning it on by pressing power key and volume down key simultaneously until fastboot mode appears on the screen.
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable.
- Open the command prompt by using SHIFT and Right Click in the folder where files ADB and Fastboot is saved.
- Now in Cmd type fastboot devices.
- Now give another cmd fastboot oem get_unlock_data.
- You will get unlock data string, copy it by right click in the command window and selecting mark.
- Copy and paste it in Notepad, remove all the spaces.
- Open Moto’s official unlock bootloader website.
- Register and complete all the formalities on the website.
- Now paste the unlock data string in the box and check if your device can be unlocked by clicking “Can my device be unlocked ?”
- If your device is unlockable, agree all the permissions and ‘Request for unlock key’.
- Now Motorola will send you unlock code on your registered Email ID. Open the mail and just copy the unlock code.
- Open the Command prompt and enter the command fastboot oem unlock followed by pasting the unlock code and press enter.
- The bootloader is unlocked and your Moto G4 Plus will reboot automatically.
Steps to flash TWRP in Moto G Plus 2016:
- Again reboot your device in fastboot mode.
- Download the twrp.img and save it in fastboot folder (name the file as twrp.img)
- Open the cmd window.
- Type the following command fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- TWRP is installed in your Moto G4 Plus.
- Just reboot the device and you are done.
Note and conclusion: DigitBin is not liable for any damage what so ever. Comment below for any assistance required.
If you've any thoughts on How to Unlock Bootloader and Install TWRP in Moto G4 Plus ?, then feel free to drop in below comment box.
Also, please subscribe to our DigitBin YouTube channel for more important updates. Cheers!