Hazel Sky tells the story of a young engineer confronting his destiny and his desires. In a beautiful and mysterious world, jump, climb, swing, and slide through ramshackle flying machines. Shane is sent to the flying city of Gideon, where he must pass the Engineering trials to avoid banishment. All these sound great, but does the game really works fine, or does it have some system hiccups?
Well, this question is asked by many users because, for some users, the Hazel Sky keeps crashing on their PC. Although the developers recognized this error, but yet to deliver some fixes to this problem. That’s why we have gathered some fixes that will help you resolve the Hazel Sky that keeps crashing on startup on the PC issue. So, let’s see those fixes.
Top Ways to Fix to Resolve Hazel Sky Keeps Crashing
Of course, there are some methods using which you can quickly resolve the Hazel Sky keeps crashing on startup issue. So, if you are excited about those fixes, make sure to read the guide until the end and perform the fixes mentioned further in this article.
Fix 1: Restart Your Device
When you reboot your device, your cache files will be cleared, which helps flush the RAM. In some cases, Hazel Sky crashes on startup due to a build-up of cache data or an overload of RAM. In order to resolve this issue, you should reboot the entire system.
It is recommended to restart your device and run the game again in order to determine if the Hazel Sky keeps crashing on the startup issue on Epic or Steam has been resolved. Nevertheless, if your Hazel Sky game still crashes on startup, make sure to check out the other fixes mentioned.
Fix 2: Try Updating GPU Driver
This fix can resolve a variety of issues, such as game crashes. The good news is that a number of users have already reported success after updating the GPU driver and finding the Hazel Sky keeps crashing on startup issue solved.
Therefore, you must also do this, and here are some steps that you can follow if you don’t know how to do it:
- Initially, press Win+R together to open the Run box.
- After that, search for devmgmt.msc. The Device Manager will open.
- In the next step, locate the Display Adapter and double-click it.
- Once that’s done, right-click on the GPU company name and choose Update Driver.
- In the final step, Search Automatically For Driver option and wait for the system to update your driver automatically.
Now, wait until the update has been completed; it may take a few minutes. Rerun the Hazel Sky game to see if the keeps crashing startup problem has been resolved after rebooting your Windows system.
Fix 3: Run Hazel Sky With Admin Rights
Have you ever tried running Hazel Sky with admin rights? The game might crash every time it starts up just because it lacks the proper resources required to function properly.
Thus, we recommend you run the game as an administrator to grant the game permission to access your system resources. So, if you have no idea how to do this, follow these steps:
- On the desktop, right-click Hazelsky.exe.
- From the context menu, select Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Lastly, mark the Run This Program As Administrator box and click the Apply button, followed by the OK button.
Simply run it to check whether Hazel Sky is functioning correctly without errors. Meanwhile, now whenever you run the game, it will open with admin rights. However, if these fixes still don’t work for you, check out the other fixes below.
Fix 4: Set High Priority
Another possible solution to the crashing on startup problem on your Windows PC is to set high priority to the app responsible for crashing. In case you’re not sure how to set high priority, here are the steps you need to follow:
- First, right-click the Windows Start menu and select Task Manager.
- After that, right-click on the game in the Details section.
- Afterward, select Set Priority and then high.
You’re done. You can now check whether Hazel Sky crashes at startup by rerunning it. There is a possibility that some game files are missing, causing this kind of issue to occur if you are still getting the crashing problem.
Fix 5: Verify Hazel Sky Game Files
It is also possible that your game files are damaged, making your system unable to read them. It’s now up to you whether to repair the files or to reinstall the game.
Before reinstalling the game, try to repair the files. You should therefore repair the game files with your game launcher. To get started, follow these steps if you’re not sure how to verify game files:
- Go to the Library in the Epic launcher.
- Click the three dots next to Hazel Sky.
- Click Manage from the drop-down menu.
- Once the list of options is displayed, click Verify.
- Navigate to the Library in the Steam Client.
- Right-click the Hazel Sky game.
- Select Properties from the menu.
- You’re done. Under Local Files, click Verify Game File Integrity.
Once you verify your game files, the damaged ones will be automatically repaired. Then, rerun Hazel Sky and see if the startup issue has been resolved.
Fix 6: Close Unnecessary Background Processes
If your system is loaded with a lot of unnecessary background processes, it is likely to be laggy or overloaded. These tasks consume system resources such as CPUs, memory, and bandwidths, which can seriously affect the launch of applications or games. Therefore, try closing those tasks completely if they’re not necessary.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open Task Manager.
- To close a task, click on the Processes tab and select the apps individually.
- To end the task, click End Task.
Fix 7: Check For Windows Update
Is your PC running the latest version of Windows? In most cases, older versions of Windows cause compatibility issues and prevent some apps and games from working properly. You should always check your PC for Windows updates. In order to do so,
- Open Windows Settings by pressing Win+I together.
- Finally, under the Windows Update section, tap on the Check For Updates button.
Now you have to wait for the update to download and install on your PC. You will receive a reboot notification after that. Once that is done, launch the game and see if the issue has been resolved.
Fix 8: Update The Game
Game patches with outdated versions can cause crashing issues, lags, stutters, and more on gaming devices. When possible, check for game updates periodically and install the latest versions. However, to do so,
- Open Library in the Steam client.
- Right-click Hazel Sky and select properties.
- Select the appropriate option by clicking the Update button.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Navigate to Library in Epic Games Launcher.
- You will now be required to click on the three dots icon next to Hazel Sky.
- Now, make sure that the Auto Update option is enabled.
Once a new update for the selected game becomes available, it will automatically download and install it.
Fix 9: Disable Overlays
In some apps, video can be captured or recorded during gameplay, and users can share it with their friends, chat with them while playing, etc. These gaming overlays impact the game launch because overlays consume more resources than games. In order to disable the various overlays, follow these steps:
Disable Discord Overlay:
- Open Discord and click the Settings icon.
- Choose Overlay from the App Settings menu, and tap on the Enable in-game overlay setting.
- From the Games tab, select Hazel Sky.
- Finally, disable the in-game overlays.
- Then, reboot your PC.
Disable Xbox Game Bar:
- Go to Windows Settings.
- In the Gaming section, choose Game Bar and then toggle the button to disable Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcasts.
Disable Steam Overlay:
- Click on Library in the Steam client on the PC.
- Simply right-click Hazel Sky and access its properties.
- Under General, uncheck Enable Steam Overlay in-game.
That’s it. Now, again run the Hazel Sky app and check if the game keeps crashing on startup error gets resolved or not.
Fix 10: Switch to Dedicated GPU
On your Windows computer, you should also ensure that you use a dedicated GPU rather than an integrated HD graphics card. Here’s how:
For Nvidia GPU:
- Open the context menu by right-clicking the desktop.
- Now, open Nvidia Control Panel.
- Select Manage 3D Settings from 3D Settings.
- Now, tap on the Program Settings tab and select Hazel Sky.
- Click on the preferred graphics processor for this program from the next drop-down menu.
- Lastly, select the High-Performance Nvidia Processor.
For AMD GPU:
- To open the context menu, right-click the desktop screen.
- Go to Radeon Settings > Additional Settings.
- Select Power from the Preferences menu, then select Switchable Graphics Application Settings.
- From the list of installed applications, select Hazel Sky. You can add the game exe file if it isn’t on the list.
- Last but not least, select High Performance in Graphics Settings and reboot your PC.
Fix 11: Turn off Real-Time Protection
There are chances that your system firewall may block the game from functioning properly. This happens when the games or applications started consuming a lot of system resources, and the firewall considered this as a threat to the system and blocks it from using the system resource. So, it is recommended to disable the real-time protection of your Windows Firewall using these steps:
- Open Windows Settings.
- From the left pane, click Update & Security > Windows Security.
- Click on the Open Windows Security button.
- Navigate to Virus & threat protection and then click Manage settings.
- Next, disable Real-time protection.
Fix 12: Disable Overclocking
If your game crashes or stutters a lot, you should not enable CPU/GPU overclocking on your PC. While overclocking CPUs and GPUs can significantly improve gameplay, it can also cause compatibility or blockage issues.
In order to achieve optimal performance, you just need to set the frequency to default. Then, rerun the Hazel Sky and check if the keeps crashing on startup issue gets resolved or not.
Fix 13: Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
If Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime is not correctly installed on your computer, then you may encounter several issues. Therefore, we suggest you uninstall and then reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime on your PC as this has already helped many users to resolve the Hazel Sky keeps crashing on startup issue. So, let’s see how to do this,
- Open Windows Settings.
- Tap on Apps > Apps & Features.
- Select all the Microsoft Visual C++ programs individually and tap on the three-dot button.
- Then, hit Uninstall.
- Afterward, once the uninstallation process gets completed, you must visit the official Microsoft website and get the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime.
- Then, install it on your device and reboot the system. Now, run the Hazel Sky to check if the game keeps crashing on the startup error fixed or not.
Fix 14: Set Power Plan To Performance
Your computer’s power plan may also need to be changed, as Windows uses a Balanced power plan by default. Performance can be improved by changing power plans, but battery life is reduced. So, after selecting this option, you must have to connect your laptop to a charging port while playing games. So, now let’s check out the needy steps to do this,
- Press Win+I with your keyboard to open Windows Settings.
- Next, click the System tab.
- Select Power & Battery.
- Select the Best Performance option from the Power Mode drop-down menu.
Fix 15: Reinstall The Hazel Sky
Reinstalling is the last option left to resolve the Hazel Sky keeps crashing on the startup issue if the methods didn’t work for you. So, if you have an unlimited data plan, we advise you to remove all the relics of the game from your device and reboot it. Then, using the game launcher, reinstall the game.