COD Modern Warfare is the first-person shooter video game that’s one of the most appreciated versions in the call of duty series. One of the best features that enhances the overall gaming experience of COD Modern Warfare is the split-screen mode. Using this mode, players can play the game side by side with their friends. But recently, many users have reported COD Modern Warfare split screen not working.
The game’s developers have done an excellent job in reducing the bugs, but some players still face this issue. This bug usually appears due to accumulated cache data and corrupted multiplayer. However, many other reasons can cause this issue. Below we have compiled a list of some workarounds that will help you solve this issue:
Fix COD Modern Warfare Split Screen Not, Working
Follow these steps to troubleshoot split screen not working in COD Modern Warfare on Windows PC
Fix 1: Restart Your Device
Before getting started with different troubleshooting methods, restart your device. It doesn’t matter if you use a PC, Xbox, or Play Station, and restarting your device could fix minor bugs and issues.
Fix 2: Check if Second Profile is Inactive
After opening the game, make sure the second account participating in the split-screen gaming session please logged out. This fix solved this problem for Xbox users, Steam Users, and sometimes one PS console as well. Here’s how you can do it:
- Firstly check if the second player is locked out and the second controller is also turned off.
- Check if you have logged in with your primary account.
- Now filter out playlists that aren’t suitable with the split screenplay before launching the map.
- Select the Xbox profile you want to use as the second player in the split-screen session by switching on the two controllers.
Fix 3: Verify the Integrity of Game Files
If you face COD Modern Warfare Split Screen Not Working while running it on Steam, there could be a problem because of local cache data. Sometimes Steam has confusion identifying the game’s owner. Here’s how you can check the integrity of the game files:
- Sign in to the account you’re having trouble with.
- Click on Library from the horizontal menu.
- Locate the COD Modern Warfare icon in the vertical menu.
- Now click on Settings > Properties, then select local files from the vertical menu.
- Now click on Verify Integrity of Game files.
- Once the process is completed, restart your computer and check if the COD split screen issue has been fixed.
Fix 4: Reinstall COD Modern Warfare
If still facing COD Modern Warfare Split Screen Not Working, the game’s files might be corrupted. Reinstall the game and if the error is resolved. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open Steam on your system.
- Click on the library and right-click on COD Modern Warfare.
- Select Manage and click on Uninstall.
- Now follow the instructions on the screen to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once COD Modern Warfare is installed, restart your system to remove any remaining files.
- Relaunch Steam and install COD Modern Warfare in your existing account.
Fix 5: Disable Crossplay Feature
Sometimes this error occurs due to the cross-play feature. Make sure you have a disabled across play feature, and then run the game. Here is how you can do it:
- Launch COD Modern Warfare on your PC.
- Once the game opens, click on the Settings menu in the top right corner of the screen.
- Now click on Account & Network Tab > Activision Account Section.
- Turn off the Crossplay toggle and check if the problem persists.
That’s all on how you can fix COD Modern Warfare split screen not working. We hope that the workarounds mentioned above able to solve your problem. Still, if you have any issues, feel free to drop a comment below.
If you've any thoughts on [Fixed] COD Modern Warfare Split Screen Not Working, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our DigitBin YouTube channel for videos tutorials. Cheers!