Bow in Minecraft is a weapon that fires arrows. It can be proofed as one of the best defensive weapons as it allows you to defend your base from a distance from different threats and enemies using the arrow fires.
In order to use a bow, the player must have a minimum of one arrow in their inventory or be in Creative mode. While the bow is being charged or remains fully charged, the player is forced to maneuver at sneaking speed, unless they’re riding a horse, minecart or boat, or flying with elytra.
The arrow that’s shown inside the bow always seems like a daily arrow, no matter what quite an arrow is really being fired from the bow. In this article, we are going to discuss the methods and steps to repair a bow in Minecraft.
Methods to Repair Bow in Minecraft
There are a few options to fix/repair the bow in Minecraft but in this article, we are going to repair the bow using three of the famous methods, the first one is using an Anvil which is the most common method and the second method is using a crafting table and then finally using a grindstone. Follow the below three methods to repair your bow in Minecraft.
An anvil in Minecraft is a useful gizmo to possess, you’ll use it to repair and rename items, also as combine enchanted items. The anvil is analogous to a grindstone, however, any items used on the Minecraft anvil will keep its enchantments.
In case you don’t have an anvil, then use the following steps to build one:
- Open crafting menu which is the 3×3 block.
- You will need three blocks of iron and four iron ingots to craft an anvil
- Place all three iron blocks in the first row.
- And then place one iron ingot in the mid of the 3×3 block and the remaining three iron ingots in the last row.
- The result will be an anvil.
How to Fix Bow Using Anvil?
- First, open Anvil from your Minecraft inventory.
- Now, put the bow which is to be repaired in the first slot of the anvil.
- In the second slot put the material used to make a bow.
- Finally, the bow will be repaired by the anvil without stripping any of its enchantments.
Alternatively, if you have more than two enchanted bows, then you can combine them to build a better one using the anvil but note that it may cost you some of your XP.
Using Crafting Table
A crafting table is one of the foremost important items that you simply should have in your Minecraft inventory. It’s also referred to as a workbench and provides a three-by-three grid of crafting space. Crafting tables offer you the power to make a variety of complex items within the game including tools, weapons, and armor.
- Open Crafting Table in Minecraft.
- Then put two normal bows on the crafting table.
- The result will be a repaired bow with enhanced abilities.
We don’t suggest this method for enchanted bows as it will repair the bow but also it will convert it to a normal bow, so don’t try this method for fixing any enchanted bows.
Grindstone is like an Anvil but it has some pros and cons over an anvil. A Grindstone is often used to combine tools/armor at no cost, with another 5% durability too. An Anvil can repair a bit like the grindstone, but not only are you able to keep the enchantments, you’ll also partially repair an item by using the ore that created that item. The downside is that repairing with an Anvil requires a cost while using the Grindstone is free. Anvils also require much iron, over three blocks.
- Open crafting table in Minecraft.
- Build grindstone using two sticks, one stone slab, and two oak plants.
- After building the grindstone, add two bows to the grinding slot.
- The result will be a repaired bow with more durability than the combination of the two
These were the three most reliable and used methods to repair a bow In Minecraft. The thing which needs to be remembered is that you are suggested to use the crafting table for fixing any enchanted bows, crafting table will help you to repair normal bows whereas, for enchanted bows, you can use either an anvil or a grindstone.
If you've any thoughts on How to Repair a Bow in Minecraft?, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our DigitBin YouTube channel for videos tutorials. Cheers!