Android is one of the most popular and powerful operating systems. Google Play Store hosts millions of useful Apps which can be downloaded and used instantly. Video Players is one such popular category of Apps which is always dominated by new Apps with all progressive features. Today in this post I will tell you some of the best Android Video Player Apps for Android.
The working of video players depends on the device, its power, RAM, processing power and playback support. High-quality videos (4K) cannot be played on Android with low specifications. Below are the top Apps to play videos on Android.
What are the Best Video Players for Android?
Here is the list of some of the best Apps to Play the Videos on Android supporting all the formats like MP4, WEBM, MKV, 4K, FLV, AVI, MOV, WMV etc
1. VLC for Android
VLC Media Player is popular open-source video and audio player which supports all the formats. The App can also stream online over protocols and URL servers. The player also has a audio play support with sound equalizer, playlist and all other features. One of the biggest upper hand of the VLC is it is completely Ad-Free with all the features for free.
Features of VLC:
- Supports all the video formats.
- Ad Free with no in-app purchases.
- Also plays the role of full-fledged Audio Player.
- Subtitle and multitrack audio support
- Gesture control
- Supports all the codecs, no need to download them separately.
2. MX Player
The list would be incomplete without the mention of popular MX Player. With over 500 million downloads the App is video player king on the Android system. The supports all the video formats and codecs can be downloaded in case if your device needs one. The App runs on Ads but given the capability of the App, the Ads just act as a recessive factor.
The App has a powerful hardware acceleration support which lets it function more smoothly with the help of device hardware rather than just relying on software. MX Player also has powerful gesture and pinch support to scroll and zoom respectively.
Features of MX Player:
- Supports multi-core decoding which increases the performance of video playback.
- Allows background video play, AB play, loop play etc.
- Supports a large number of subtitle formats with audio and subtitle equaliser
- Simple and easy to use App.
3. XPlayer | Video 4K, UHD Player
XPlayer is another video player with 4k video support. The App has all the codecs preinstalled so you do not need to work around with playback issues. The App supports hardware acceleration and gestures. You can keep your private videos away from rogue hands with special privacy settings of the App.
XPlayer is a simple yet powerful app if you wish to try any App other than the stock than I recommend you to go with XPlayer.
Features of XPlayer:
- Pop-up Play supported!
- Support split screen above Android 7.0.
- Inbuilt codec and video play support.
- Multi-playback option: auto-rotation, aspect-ratio, screen-lock etc.
4. Video Player All Formats
Video Player all formats is a simple yet beautifully designed Player App available on play store. The App supports all the formats and you can also use the App as an audio player. The App has some cool features which are generally lacked in popular video player Apps.
Features of Video Player all Formats:
- The App has the capability of night mode.
- Video Player has inbuilt music equaliser
- Audio cutter for ringtones
- Video Locker and subtitle support.
- Music Player with all the basic features.
5. Wondershare Player
Wondershare Player is an all-in-one Video Player & Video Discovery to “Discover latest videos to watch online & offline”, no need for other players or codecs. You can stream the local media or content from the remote server. The App supports all the online video streaming formats and audio codecs. You can even access the video on big screen with without any could upload with the help of UPnP/DLNA control point.
Features of Wondershare Player:
- Online video streaming
- Play videos from local storage
- Supports subtitle from various formats
- Simple to use with clutter-free design
- Remotely access the media from the local server.
BSPlayer is another popular video player app for Android with hardware acceleration and multi-core video playback support which enhances the video play performance on mobiles and tablets. The App supports various different codecs but you need to download them separately which will be notified by the app in case needed. BS Player also supports USB host or OTG and will directly scan the external source for any available videos.
Features of BSPlayer:
- Background play with the popup window
- Download subtitle files online or embeds them externally to the video
- Playlist and audio playback support
- Multi-core and HW support.
Kodi is an award-winning and most popular free open source media server software, previously known as XBMC, Kodi can be installed on streaming devices running on Android, iOS, Linux, Mac OS X, or Windows operating systems.
XBMC is a media player which organises a library of media. So usually you need to place your media into the library first and then you can access them on your device.
Generally, Kodi itself does not host any files but any 3rd user can create a repository file host. Kodi users can install the repository addon on their device and access entertainment at ease.
The App is the best place for watching TV shows, movies, sports programming, music, live TV, images and much more.
8. Samsung Video Library
Video Player App by Samsung has a simple and clear layout which lets you browse and play video contents.
It provides a seamless user experience with some undeniably powerful features. Ability to view the content in List / Grid. Sort the videos according to Title, Time ascending and descending order.
Features of Samsung Video Lib:
- Support pinch to zoom or multi-touch.
- File Tag and video playback history.
- Video Editing features
- Video content can be made it private.
KM Player is a popular video player App with some cool features and gesture support for speed control. The App supports floating Screen or pop-up window allowing Multi-tasking. KMPlayer supports all the subtitle formats with sync control. Playback Support which lets you control the speed of video play, slow down or Speed up any video. Gesture control with powerful codecs which supports all the audio files.
10. GOM Player
GOM is a simple yet beautiful free player. The GOM is a popular software developer which also has other useful Application. And one such popular application is GOM Media Player. You can set the sleeper mode feature to stop the videos after a specified period of time.
Features of GOM Player:
- GOM supports playing of non-encoded video files.
- You can play 360-degree videos.
- Intuitive and simple UI.
- Manage videos with playlist and other options.
- Ability to take the screenshot the video play.
- Stop the video with Sleep feature
11. UC Browser
A browser by nature UC is an all in one multi-media App with features to download the videos and/or play the videos from local storage. The gesture controls and format support make it a very powerful utility tool. If you are running out of space and looking to reduce the load by uninstalling a few apps than UC alone can perform a couple of duties of a native app. You can play local videos and music without a need for a native app. UC Browser itself is a fast loading web tool which uses a server-side load compression technology.
Features of UC Browser
- Built-in Video and Music Player
- Gesture and Control
- Support all popular formats
- Video screen lock
- For video playback problem in the video player or WhatsApp videos, you can try to uninstall Google Plus updates.
Go to Settings>Apps/Application manager>Google Plus app>Uninstall Updates.
There is a weird relation between video playing and G+ app, most probably the G+ updates modify some system files causing the problem. Check for video file format and make sure it is with •(dot) extension.
- For Android Lollipop and above users, if video playback and/or online streaming services like YouTube are causing issues. You can try this potential method, Go to Setting>About phone, tap 7 times on Build version to unlock developers option in setting.
Scroll down in developers option until you see entry under media called Use AwesomePlayer (deprecated) and enable it. If it previously enabled disable it, reboot your device to check for the fix.
Conclusion: With the above players you can get the best video watching experience on Android. The Apps are ranked according to there popularity and features.
I hope you liked the post. Do comment below in case if you need any help or you have any suggestion.
If you've any thoughts on Best Video Player App for Android | Play Local Videos or Stream Online, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our DigitBin YouTube channel for videos tutorials. Cheers!