SIM lock or network lock or subsidy lock in GSM mobile phones gives network providers capability to restrict the use of these phones to specific countries and SIM providers. Follow the steps below to unlock SIM for Lenovo Vibe S1.
Prerequisites for Unlocking SIM:
- Battery percentage at least 30%
- You should be in the coverage area of the new network.
- Make sure you have enabled Allow installation of apps from unknown sources under security section of settings.
Steps to unlock Lenovo Vibe S1:
- Download “SIM-Unlocker.apk” file. (Another link)
- Install the App and launch it.
- Tap “SIM unlock code”, let the process be complete. After completion of the process a unlock code will be displayed, copy it somewhere safely.
- Power off your Vibe S1 and remove the battery. Take out old SIM card and insert a new SIM with a new carrier.
- Power on the device, now you will be prompted for unlock code. Enter the unlock code.
- Once unlocked, you can change to any SIM networks without unlock code. Your phone will be unlocked permanently.
Steps to unlock Lenovo Vibe S1 Lite:
- Simply visit the unlock site and fill up the data required.
- Once you receive the code (email or SMS), power off the device and insert a new SIM you are wishing. Start your Vibe S1 Lite. Enter the unlock code to use on the carrier you choose.
Conclusion: After you unlock your Lenovo vibe the phone will be unlocked permanently.