Using Yahoo! Mail, you can keep track of your email from any device with one-touch access to your inbox, multiple Yahoo accounts, and instant email alerts. It is Yahoo’s free email service for its users. Along with other email services such as Hotmail, AOL, and Gmail, it is used by millions of people worldwide.
But, not many users know how to add Yahoo Mail to their Android smartphone as it is not as easy as adding a Gmail account. You need to perform some special steps to do this. Don’t worry! Here in this guide, we will help you add Yahoo Mail on an Android device without any difficulty. So, let’s ready to make your mark and take our lead to do this.
Prerequisites Before Adding Yahoo Mail To Android
There is some permission that you need to set before starting the procedure, as without that, Yahoo won’t allow you to add the mail to your Android phone. So, you must have to take these prerequisite steps carefully. Therefore, let’s check out those steps:
- On your device, open a browser.
- Visit Yahoo mail’s official website.
- The next step is to log in using your account. Authenticate your account by entering your username and password.
- You will be directed to the Yahoo homepage after logging in.
- Now, tap on your name or profile icon from the homepage, then select Account security settings.
- You can enable this setting to allow apps that use a less secure sign-in method. Your Yahoo account can be used on any device with this feature.
Methods to Add Yahoo Mail To Android
There are various methods that will help you add Yahoo Mail to your Android smartphone. But, here we have mentioned the top and the easiest methods using which you can quickly add Yahoo mail without any prior knowledge. So, let’s find out those methods by reading the guide further:
Method 1: Add Yahoo To Gmail
If you don’t want any effort to add the Yahoo mail on your Android device, then you can simply use your Gmail account to add it as you normally add your other Gmail accounts. However, in order to do this, you must perform these steps:
- On your Android device, launch the Gmail app.
- Click on the three ellipses/hamburger menu icon in the top left corner.
- Tap on Settings to open your phone’s Settings menu.
- You can add a new account here by tapping on Add account.
- Choosing from a Google account, Outlook account, Yahoo account, Exchange account, or another will be asked here.
- You can add a Yahoo Mail account to your Android phone by selecting Yahoo.
- Once you get to the Sign-in page, your Yahoo Mail account will be asked to log in. Enter your Yahoo Mail login credentials here.
- Then, simply click on Next to add the account.
- TSV users will need to enter their passwords to log in.
Method 2: Use The Yahoo Mail App
In case you don’t want to add one more account to your Gmail app because you have already added a bunch of mail accounts there, then you may try using Yahoo mail to log in and add Yahoo mail on an Android device. However, in case you find it difficult to perform, then use these steps:
- Look for the Yahoo Mail app in the PlayStore on your phone.
- You can download Yahoo Mail on your phone and install it.
- You can now launch the Yahoo Mail application after you’ve installed it.
- Both Yahoo and Google Sign-in options are available here. Then, click Sign in with Yahoo.
- Now enter the credentials for your Yahoo Mail account.
- Once you’ve signed in with your Yahoo Mail account, your Android phone will have Yahoo Mail access.
Method 3: Add Yahoo Mail To Mail App
It is rare, but still, many users use the standard mail application instead of using modern-day mailing apps like Gmail. So, in case you are someone who uses the old standard mailing application on your Android phone and want to log in using Yahoo mail, then you must perform these steps:
- Open the Mail app on your phone.
- Then, access the Settings app.
- Now, under Settings, tap on Add account.
- You will be redirected to the sign-in page. You will need your Yahoo mail credentials to sign in here.
- To add Yahoo Mail to the Mail app, enter your Yahoo Mail credentials and tap Next.
How Do I Sync Yahoo Mail Between Devices?
If Yahoo Mail does not sync with your other devices, you can do a few things. Here’s how to get started:
- Go to Settings and tap on Accounts.
- On the next screen, tap Yahoo.
- After this, you should tap on Sync Contacts.
- Make sure the box is unchecked if you do not want your email synchronized.
There are times when synchronization is not working due to an accumulated cache. As a result, you need to keep it clean regularly. It may be possible to resolve this issue by force-quitting your Android device’s mail application. During this process, all problematic instances will be forced to quit, and the active memory will be refreshed. Now you can get back to work.
If you've any thoughts on How to Add Yahoo Mail to Android?, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our DigitBin YouTube channel for videos tutorials. Cheers!