It is no secret that videos are popular content formats and are often shared on social media. Furthermore, during the novel Coronavirus pandemic and over the past year, only Reddit and YouTube experienced significant growth. YouTube, as we know it, is the most dominating video-sharing social media platform.
On YouTube, you can literally do anything you want; if you want to learn something, you’ll find it on YouTube. However, have you ever wondered why certain videos you marked as watch later disappeared from your list? No idea? Well, nothing to worry about as not only will we tell you why this happened, but also tell you how to watch deleted YouTube videos on your device. So, let’s get started.
Why is YouTube Showing Video Deleted Error?
The deleted message means the video has been removed from YouTube because we found it to violate our policies. However, possibilities are also there that the owner of that video may take it down.
But, it is for sure that YouTube does not delete old videos unless they violate the YouTube Community Guidelines or infringe on third parties rights. On 24 April 2005, YouTube uploaded its first video, which is still available for viewing today. So, how the YouTube delete any other video?
Can you Watch Deleted YouTube Videos?
If you want to watch deleted YouTube videos, you can do that! Although YouTube does not provide an official way to view deleted videos, there are a few tricks we can use to view YouTube videos that have been removed. In the Internet era, once something is online, it is there forever.
However, it is impossible for anything to truly leave. On the Internet, there are multiple copies of the content. In some cases, they involve direct infringement, while in others, they pertain to the preservation of internet archives.
What Are The Different Methods to Watch Deleted YouTube Videos?
There are a few methods available using which you can watch deleted YouTube videos on your respective device, and guess what? We have mentioned all the possible methods that will help you do so. Therefore, let’s quickly review those methods and check if it works for you:
Method 1: Download Them From Wayback Machine
To recover your file, you need to use the Wayback Machine. However, if you aren’t familiar with how to use this platform, you can refer to these guidelines:
- To begin, log into your YouTube Channel Account on your device and check if you have received any emails regarding your videos from YouTube officials. You will receive all the information along with the video link that was deleted.
- Once that is done, copy the URL to your clipboard.
- Paste the link into the WayBackMachine’s search box, and click Browse History.Advertisement
- That’s all you need to do. Afterward, you should be able to find out all the information concerning the lost or deleted YouTube video, and you might once again be able to download it.
You want to download this video, but how? Here are some points you can follow:
- Please use the video code provided at the end of the URL, for example, http://wayback-YouTube.com.archive.org/yt/M232HSD (YourVideoCode).
- You’re done. To save the video, right-click on it and select Save Video As from the browser menu.
Method 2: Using YouTube Video Finder Chrome Extension
As the previous method, it will also use the Wayback machine. With this Chrome extension, you can watch several deleted videos at once. We use the Wayback Machine to find YouTube pages by picking up the URL of the video and searching it.
- Navigate to the playlist that contains the deleted video’s listing.
- Select Find Video from the menu after right-clicking on the deleted video.
- After that, the Wayback Machine will open in a few seconds.
Method 3: Find YouTube Videos via Google Search Operators
The search engine giant indexes almost every page on the Internet. Your search can be refined using several Google search operators. However, search engines can be used to find information on deleted videos.
In some cases, you might also be able to download and upload the video on other websites if you’re lucky.
- You need to find the URL of the deleted video. Here is an example https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=5dsad23131=youtu.be&a
- Get the watch ID from here, which is v=5dsad23131
- Go to Google and type in v=5dsad23131
There will be a variety of website results with related keywords. It is possible to find the video on several websites if you are lucky.
Method 4: Recover Deleted Videos From Backup
Despite the fact that not everyone makes use of this option, you can still check to see if a backup exists on your device’s storage. There are no basic steps to recover your backups since it all depends on which backup software (iBeesoftdata, EaseUS Data Recovery, etc.) you are using and what version of your operating system you are running.
Although it is very rare to be that lucky to find out deleted videos on YouTube, but still the methods we have discussed earlier in this guide will help you do so (if possible). However, except for these methods, you have no other method that can help you get back the YouTube deleted videos.
If you've any thoughts on How to Watch Deleted YouTube Videos?, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our DigitBin YouTube channel for videos tutorials. Cheers!