Google recently unveiled the Android 11 update officially for its Pixel devices. Notably, not only Google but other OEMs are also gearing up to release the Android 11 update for its premium devices. Out of them, Xiaomi has now released the Android 11 update for a bunch of phones. More specifically, as of now Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro, Redmi K30 Pro, has received an Android 11 update with MIUI 12 in China, while Xiaomi Mi 10 is getting the update for the Chinese and global variants.
Android 11 packs tons of new features like a new power menu, redesigned media player, chat or conversation bubbles, improved notifications, native screen recording option, enhanced restrictive permission, pin apps in the Share menu, etc. On top of that MIUI which is Xiaomi’s home-grown custom UI brings a truckload of features separately. For instance, new revamped UI, dynamic weather app, new animations, Super Wallpapers, ultra power saving mode, sound assistant, floating windows, and much much more.
So, it is by nature that Xiaomi users will be pretty excited to try out this new update, at least on the devices on which the Android 11 MIUI 12 update is live. Here in this post, we will give you a complete guide on how you can install Android 11 on Xiaomi devices.
If you have the Android 11 MIUI 12 recovery ROM for your respective device, then you can follow the steps mentioned below. Notably, there are two methods via which you can update the Xiaomi devices with the latest update provided you have the Recovery ROM appropriate to your device.
Via Local Method
- Download the Recovery ROM for your Xiaomi device and place it in the root folder of your device’s internal memory.
- Head over to Settings.
- Then tap on About Phone.
- Click on System Update.
- There you have to tap on the three-dot icon.
- Tap on Choose Update Package option.
- Select the update package file.
- The update will start.
Via Recovery Method
- Firstly, download the Recovery ROM appropriate to your Xiaomi phone.
- Change the name of the file to ‘update.zip’.
- Transfer the file to the internal memory of your Xiaomi phone.
- Now, you need to enter the Recovery mode on your Xiaomi phone.
- To do that, turn off your phone.
- Once the phone is turned off, press the Power + Volume Up buttons together.
- Now a Recovery menu will open up.
- Navigate to Install update.zip using the Volume keys.
- You can select this option with the Power key.
- This will begin the installation of the Android 11 MIUI 12 update on your Xiaomi phone.
- Once the installation is complete, you have to press Reboot, if the phone does not reboot itself.
- That’s it!
So, there you have it from my side in this article. Note that it is advised that you create a backup of the data on your phone before you go ahead and install the Android 11 MIUI 12 update on your Xiaomi device to avoid if things go south during the process.
If you've any thoughts on How to Install Android 11 on Xiaomi Mi?, then feel free to drop in below comment box.
Also, please subscribe to our DigitBin YouTube channel for more important updates. Cheers!