Snapchat released a desktop version of its app, Snapchat for Web, available globally. The social network launched Snapchat for Web exclusively for Snapchat but later made the desktop version accessible to all Snapchat users for free. With Snapchat for Web, you can send messages and snaps and also chat via video and voice calls. Snapchat for Web also includes access to the mobile app’s messaging features, including chat reactions.
Snapchat is a widely used social platform that allows users to share photos and videos with their followers and friends. In addition to the mobile app, Snapchat has a web version that can be accessed via a desktop browser. Though the web version is not as feature-rich as a Snapchat mobile app, it still does a decent job for you to use the Snap account on your desktop browser for free.
How to Use Snapchat Web?
- Visit web.snapchat.com on your PC browser.
- An account login page will open. Here enter login credentials.
- Open Snapchat mobile app and allow Snapchat browser access.
- Snapchat for Web will open the browser you can access the account on a desktop.
Enable Camera Access to Snapchat
Follow these steps below to enable Snapchat web permissions in Google Chrome:
- Go to Snapchat’s website in Google Chrome.
- To view the site information, click the lock icon in the address bar.
- Then, select “Site settings.”
- Scroll down to “Camera” and “Microphone” and ensure that they are both set to “Allow.”
- Refresh the page and try again to see if the problem has been resolved.
Here’s how to Enable Snapchat Web Camera Not Permissions on Safari
Generally, when you open the Snapchat web on Safari, it will default ask for camera and microphone permissions.
- If the permission box does not pop up. Click on the Safari menu option.
- And select Settings for web.snapchat.com…
- Allow Camera and Microphone access to the Snapchat web.
That’s it now you can access Snapchat on your PC and enjoy Snap filters. You can send and receive messages on the web and use the account on your desktop.