If you are not able to see the Shared with you section on your iPhone, then let us fix that issue in this guide. To organize the files better on your iPhone, Shared with You was introduced with the launch of iOS 15.
When someone in your contact shares a piece of music, photo, Apple TV content link, or podcast through iMessage, then on the respective apps, there is a section Shared with you where that content becomes included.
Now, some users have complained that they do not see the files shared with them in the ‘Shared with You section. This may happen due to bugs in the version of iOS installed on your device. Also, the Shared with You is an option that you need to enable before using it. You may not be able to use the iOS Shared With You feature if you are signed out of iCloud.
Best Ways to Fix Shared With You Not working on iOS 15
Here are a few troubleshooting tips that will help you to fix the issue and get the Shared With You working for you on your iPhone.
1. Restart the iPhone
You can start the troubleshooting by rebooting your iPhone. If the Shared With You is not visible due to a simple and random technical issue, restarting usually solves the issue.
- Press the power button on the side of the iPhone.
- A screen will appear on which there will be an option Slide to Power Off. Follow the instructions.
- Then again, press the power button after a few seconds to switch on the iPhone.
- Now, check the respective app on which your contact has shared any content.
2. Update iOS
It may be a bug on the iOS build installed on the iPhone, which may be tampering with a few features, including the Shared With You feature. So, try to upgrade the iOS to the latest build to fix the issue.
- Tap on the Settings app.
- Next, tap on General.
- Now, tap on Software Update.
- iOS will start looking for a newer build of iOS and notify you.
- Tap on Download and Install if an update is available to grab and install it on the iPhone.
After the installation is over, check if the Shared section is showing the contents shared with you via iMessage.
3. Enable Shared With You Feature on the iPhone
You must check that the Shared With You feature is enabled on your iPhone. The option is available under the iMessage settings within the Settings app.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Navigate to Messages and tap on it.
- Now, scroll to Shared With You and tap on it.
- Tap on the switch beside the option Automatic Sharing to enable the feature.
- Also, check that you enabled Share With You for the apps that support the feature on your device.
As of now, Shared With You is supported for Apple Music, Apple TV, Safari, Photos, and the Podcasts app.
4. Sign Out of iCloud and Sign Back in
As per some users, signing out of iCloud and signing back in has fixed the issue of missing Shared With you content for them. You may try this fix as well.
- Launch the Settings app.
- Tap on your Apple ID.
- Now, scroll to the option Sign Out and tap on it.
- Next, when prompted, enter the password and tap on the option Turn Off present at the top right corner of the password field.
- Then, tap on Sign out to proceed on the next screen that shows up.
- After a few seconds, now sign in once again to iCloud using your Apple ID credentials.
Now, check within the Shared With You section of the various supported apps and see if the content shared with you by your contacts through iMessage is present there or not.
5. Enable Shared With You for All Your Contacts
You should check and ensure that All your contacts are allowed to share content with you via iMessage. This you can check in the Messages settings. Also, you need to check that you have not enabled hiding notifications from the contacts. Then you won’t be able to receive the content shared through iMessage.
To review this,
- Go to the iMessage app and tap on it to open it.
- Tap on the contact’s name one by one.
- Under their profile, there should be an option Show in Shared With You. Tap on the toggle beside this option to enable it.
- Also, check the Hide Alerts option for that contact and disable it. That way, if any message or content is shared with you by that contact, a notification will let you know about the action. You won’t be missing out on any updates.
6. iMessage is a Must for Shared With You to Work
Keep in mind that your contact and you must use iMessage to be able to use the shared With You feature. When content such as a picture is shared via iMessage, then only it will appear in the Shared With You section of the iPhone apps that support this feature.
That’s it. If the Shared With You feature on iOS 15 has not been working on your device, then follow the troubleshooting tips mentioned in this guide to fix the problem.
If you've any thoughts on How to Fix ‘Shared with You’ Not Working on iPhone?, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our DigitBin YouTube channel for videos tutorials. Cheers!