Samsung’s One UI has come a long way. And now here is the new update from Samsung, which is One UI 5 based on the new Android 13 for Galaxy devices. This new update does not bring a huge visual revamp, but there are a lot of cool features. One UI is considered among the best UIs for smartphones. In reality, it is only available on official Samsung devices, so it is not available on all smartphones. The UI works decently, and there are tonnes of cool features that work flawlessly.
The new One UI 5 update based on Android 13 for Galaxy devices doesn’t bring many visual changes but many cool features. This update includes minor visual changes, an intelligent Wi-Fi feature, New Options in Settings, camera features, individual call backgrounds, multitasking features, and many more.
One UI 5 Feature Updates & UI Changes
If you are wondering about the One UI 5 update, release date, and Eligible Galaxy devices list, then you are in the right place. Here we will list some brief information about every updated feature. They are as follows:
New options in Settings Page
- The Biometrics and Security page has changed to Security and Privacy.
- You can check for any privacy breach from here, and the Digital Wellbeing UI is also revamped and shows you more information.
- There are also new magnifying features in accessibility settings with a widget that works pretty well and do the job.
- New and updated icons that look better than the previous update.
- Icons in the notification are not bigger, so you have no clear idea of what app it is.
- A new user account setting under the notification shade allows multiple users on the same device.
- Wallpaper and theming options have been revamped.
- Stacks widgets have been improved. In One UI 5, you can just drag one widget into another to stack them up.
- It brings some cool options with a developer options page.
- The developer options bring you various diagnostic tools to see various information on your Wi-Fi network.
- Users can see nearby WiFi networks in a really cool-looking graph.
- If you click any photo that has text, it gives you the option right away to extract the text; you can easily copy, and if it’s the phone number, you even get a call option.
- The keyboard and screenshot also have this feature.
- The food mode works with a telephoto camera, and the pro modes have a histogram.
Individual Call backgrounds
- In One UI 5, you can set different call backgrounds for different contacts.
- Depending on your choice, the background can be a photo, video, or emoji.
- You can now swipe up from the bottom to put an app in split-screen mode.
- Users can hold an app on the recent screen and drag it to put it in the floating window or split screen.
- One can swipe down from the sidebar to put an app into a floating window.
- The gallery app has been updated, and the lasso tool allows you to crop photos in different shapes.
- You can convert any photo into a sticker and add it to your editing photo.
- Samsung’s keyboard has been updated and has become more efficient in terms of usage.
One UI 5 Release Date and Eligible devices List
Samsung has already rolled out its final stable version of One UI 5 for its Galaxy S-series premium devices. The devices include the Galaxy S22 Ultra, the Galaxy S22+, and the Galaxy S22. Samsung is planning to roll out the One UI 5 update for the Galaxy S20, Note Galaxy A series, Galaxy S21 series, and a few Galaxy M-Series devices. Here is the exact timeline and release date of One UI 5 for your devices.
Samsung has officially released the timeline for rolling out the One UI 5 update to all its supported smartphones and devices in India. According to Samsung, the flagship phones and tablets will get the One UI 5 update with stable Android version 13 in late November or early December.
While some mid-range devices and older flagships will get the stable update around late December or early January 2023. Similarly, stable updates for budget-range smartphones and tablets would arrive in late January 2023 or later. The following devices are listed in order of release date:
- Galaxy S21 series
- Galaxy S10 Lite
- Galaxy S20 FE
- Galaxy S20 FE 5G
- Galaxy S20
- Galaxy S20+
- Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy S21 FE 5G
- Galaxy S21 5G
- Galaxy S21+ 5G
- Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy Note10 Lite
- Galaxy Note20
- Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
- Galaxy Tab S7 FE
- Galaxy Tab S7
- Galaxy Tab S7+
- Galaxy Tab S8
- Galaxy Tab S8 5G
- Galaxy Tab S8+
- Galaxy Tab S8+ 5G
- Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra
- Tab S8 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy A32
- Galaxy A33 5G
- Galaxy A51
- Galaxy A52
- Galaxy A52s 5G
- Galaxy A53 5G
- Galaxy A71
- Galaxy A72
- Galaxy A73 5G
- Galaxy M32
- Galaxy M32 5G
- Galaxy M33 5G
- Galaxy M42 5G
- Galaxy M52 5G
- Galaxy F62
- Galaxy A12
- Galaxy A13
- Galaxy A22
- Galaxy A22 5G
- Galaxy A23
- Galaxy F12
- Galaxy F22
- Galaxy F42 5G
- Galaxy M12
- Galaxy M53 5G
- Galaxy Tab A7 Lite
- Galaxy A03
- Galaxy A23 5G
- Galaxy F13
- Galaxy F23 5G
- Galaxy M13
- Galaxy M13 5G
- Galaxy Tab A8
- Galaxy A03s
- Galaxy A04
- Galaxy A04s
This One UI 5.0 update brings a lot of features, and as mentioned, this is obviously not a big visual revamp, but this is one major update. There are numerous essential features that contribute to a fantastic and decent user interface. Samsung has been providing regular updates to all of its smartphones, winning over users and the smartphone market.
If you've any thoughts on One UI 5 Update: Release Date and Eligible Galaxy Devices List, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our DigitBin YouTube channel for videos tutorials. Cheers!