Post Updated: Feb 2017
- Added an official method to regain your locked Yahoo Account Access.
- Removed Spam Comments.
Yahoo! is very strict in keeping its products and services up to its policies. Any malfunction with its products may lead to a strike on your service usage. If your Yahoo mail account is locked temporarily (12 hours), read the post carefully to regain your account back.
Following reasons are potential causes for blocking
- Trying incorrect password attempts multiple times
- Sending mails in large numbers more than specified limit
- Hacking attempts on your Email ID
- Suspicious activity on your account
- Spam mark by recipients on receiving invaluable message
- Unauthorised access to third party apps and software
- POP and IMAP settings
- Using your account at different locations at time
How to unlock Yahoo Account immediately?
The lock will be lifted automatically after 12 hours, but you can always regain access to your account immediately using the Sign-in Helper.
Method I (Official)
Step 1: Go to Yahoo Help Forum Page.
Step 2: Here click on “Account Locked” message
Step 3: Now click on Sign-in Helper
Step 4: Enter the Yahoo Mail Address or Phone Number (You can even enter recovery email ID or Phone No).
Step 5: An ‘Account Key’ will be sent to your recovery mail/phone or you may be asked for the security questions.
Step 6: Follow the steps and you will regain access to your locked Yahoo! Account instantly.
When you log in to your account, cookie in the form of packets of data are stored on Yahoo servers. These cookies are the one which helps recognise your Yahoo account for further references. But when someone attempts a sign in using the wrong password the cookies are deleted. And when the limit number of attempts are crossed the cookies expire. This stimulates the Yahoo filters to think account activity as suspicious and thus locks it temporarily or for so called 12 or 24 hours.
To unlock or unblock your account you can try to Log in using another Yahoo server. These results in the formation of new and fresh cookies. The new server does not have any knowledge of expired cookies. And you are able to login and access your Yahoo! mail account again.
You can use any server listed below. (Try different servers if one doesn’t work.)
- https://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=in – India
- http://uk.mail.yahoo.com/ – UK
- https://login.yahoo.com/config/login – USA
- https://login.yahoo.com/config/login – Canada
- Remove POP and IMAP settings from email client software.
- Revoke access to all third party apps and software.
- Use any other browser to log in a re-open your account.
Note & Conclusion: I hope the above methods helped you in unblocking your locked Yahoo mail. If the methods don’t work you have no other option other than waiting for 12 hours which is a loose set time of account lock down.
Comment below for any assistance, query or suggestion, we will be happy to hear from you.
This post was last modified on June 24, 2017 7:51 pm