The process of removing a Gmail account is kind of opposite to adding a Gmail account on iOS devices. There are different ways to remove a Gmail account from iPhone and iPad. You can remove it through Settings or the Gmail app. If you have signed in to your Gmail account in Safari, you have to remove the mail account from there as well. Otherwise, it will keep signing in to the same mail account every time you use it. In this article, you’ll learn how to accomplish this task in all possible manners.
Before heading to walkthroughs, you should know that removing a Gmail account from all these methods won’t prevent you from accessing Google apps such as Gmail, YouTube, Google Maps, Google Drive, and other Google apps. However, you won’t be able to access synced Contacts, Calendar apps, and Notes. For that, you need an associated Gmail account. Furthermore, the steps to remove a Gmail account are the same for both iPhone and iPad.
Steps Remove Gmail Account From the Gmail App on iPhone.
Sometimes it becomes a monotonous task to switch between many Gmail accounts in the Gmail App. If so, below are the steps to remove those accounts which you no longer need.
- First of all, open the “Gmail app” on iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on “Profile Picture” at the top right corner.
- Select “Manage accounts on this device.”
- Select “Remove from this device” below the Gmail account you want to remove.
- At last, tap on “Remove.”
Now you’ll be automatically returned to the Gmail app; the removed mail account will no longer be present in the Gmail App.
Steps to Remove Gmail Account From the Settings on iPhone
Now, we’ll remove the Gmail account through “Settings” on iOS devices. Follow the steps given below.
- Open “Settings.”
- Go to “Contacts.”
- Select “Accounts.”
- Tap on the Gmail account you want to delete.
- Select “Delete Account.”
Now the Gmail account is deleted from your device.
Steps to Remove Gmail Account From Safari
If you don’t want to delete the cache and data on Safari to remove a Gmail account or want to sign out from Gmail, follow the steps given below.
- Open the “Safari” app.
- Go to “https://mail.google.com” to launch Gmail on the tab.
- Tap on the “Hamburger icon ☰” at the top left corner.
- Tap on the “Dropdown ▼” to select the Gmail account.
- Now, select “Sign out of all devices.” This will sign you out from all Gmail accounts.
- Next, on the “Choose an account” page, select the “Remove an account” option at the bottom.
- Now, tap on the “Minus Sign” next to the Gmail account you want to delete.
- At last, select the “Yes, remove” option.
Wrapping it up
So, these are the methods to remove Gmail account from iPhone and iPad. If you are using a browser such as Safari, you may want to sign out from there to stop automatic sign-in. In other cases, either remove the Gmail account through Apple’s settings or the Gmail app.
If you've any thoughts on How to Remove Gmail Account on iPhone and iPad, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our DigitBin YouTube channel for videos tutorials. Cheers!