YouTube is the most popular video-sharing service and YouTube App is one of the most widely used App on Android with over a billion downloads. If you love YouTube then you should definitely try this three lightweight versions of the YouTube App on your Android phone.
The traditional YouTube App requires some heavy processing work, device storage and also it consumes much of the internet data in the background. As we know Google is developing the lite-weight versions of its Apps in form of full-fledged light-weight App like Files Go or Progressive Web App like Maps Go
If you have a low-end device with slow processing power, low RAM and older OS Version then these Apps can run on your device without any issues. So, let us see in detail a few lite versions of the YouTube App for Android.
Here are some of the best Lite YouTube Apps for Android which consume fewer data and battery.
- YouTube Go
- YouTube Lite
- Free music for YouTube: Stream
1. NewPipe | Front-end YouTube App
NewPipe is a Freeware Open Source lightweight YouTube App. It has a frontend youtube interface. The best thing about the App is you can run it without any Google API or the irritating Google Play Services.
Basically, the NewPipe App just collects YT websites URL source and displays it in form of the App. But this App can prove to be very powerful if you have a low-end Android phone with limited power.
Features NewPipe App
- Runs without Google Play Services
- You can set and change the quality of video play.
- Download the video and audio at various different resolutions.
- You can play the video as a Pop-up box for multitasking
- Play the video in the background.
- Lightweight and consumes low storage space and RAM
2. YouTube Go | Light YT App from Google
This is one such App which you should have if you wish to get core YouTube experience on the device for which traditional YouTube App is too heavy. The App is a light version of YouTube App developed by Google for Android and consumes low memory, internet data with the ability to save & share offline videos.
The YouTube Go can work like charm even when you have limited data or a slow connection. You can store the video offline and share it with other devices with the built-in feature.
Features of YouTube Go
- The Lite version poses all the Core Features of the Normal App.
- Low data and less Battery Consumption.
- The App gives the same high-speed experience on all 2G/3G/4G networks.
- Can run on low-end smartphones without any issues.
- The UI/UX is very intuitive and friendly.
3. WebTube | Simple YouTube Player
WebTube is another front-end Web-Based YouTube App which can run without any Google Play Services. The App design is similar to the YouTube we play on mobile Browser.
The App size is small and it consumes low storage space. You can even download the video and store it in your gallery.
The App has a very basic interface.
If your device is low in storage or if you have a low-end phone this app can bring a smile to your face.
4. YouTube Lite
YouTube Lite is an unofficial lite version of YouTube App. The App has all the core features of the conventional YouTube App. You browse your favourite videos and music on the App. The App Consumes Low Data and helps save the battery.
You can save your favourites, create the shortcut of your favourite channel. The App size is approx ∼4MB and houses all the features of the YouTube App.
5. Free music for YouTube: Stream
Free YouTube Stream gives you access to all of YouTube music videos and lets you play them in a floating popup window for a multitasking and music listening experience. You can search music and watch videos without Ads. The is powerfull enough to engage its users with its simple but attractive user interface.
Features of Stream
- Create your own playlists with a simple drag and drop.
- Access to all the YouTube Videos.
- Customize the size of the floating popup which can move anywhere on the working screen.
- Lite weight in size and bundled with tons of useful features.
6. FlyTube | Lite YouTube Player
FlyTube is another lightweight YouTube App that does most of the work the traditional YT App is not able to do. The App allows you to view YouTube clips in movable and independent windows. You can lay it over any other application and do all other tasks on the go. The pop-up window can be moved and resized according to your preferences. The window also has tiny little playback controls like seek control, play/pause button and other useful toggles for quick access.
The App has a size of 3.5 MB and also doesn’t require the Play Services support for its functions. You can even sign in and customise the playlist according to your preference.
Benefits of Using Lightweight YouTube App
- Block all annoying Ads – Pop-Ups, Banner, Text, Video, Intrusive etc.
- Increase Privacy and Security by preventing trackers from sending the data to the webmasters.
- Low Data Consumption can be achieved as the bandwidth data for ads are saved.
Note & Conclusion: With the Lite version of the app you can keep your device storage free and run the YouTube on at low-speed. Also, the App has some unique features which you will not find in conventional YouTube App.
I hope the post was helpful. Do comment below for any assistance or support.