YouTube is the most popular video-sharing service and YouTube App is one of the most widely used App on Android with over a billion downloads. If you love YouTube then you should definitely try the lightweight version of the YouTube App on your Android phone. The name of the App is NewPipe.
The traditional YouTube App requires some heavy processing work, device storage and also it consumes much of the internet data in the background. As we know Google is developing the lite-weight versions of its Apps in form of full-fledged light-weight App like Files Go or Progressive Web App like Maps Go
If you have a low-end device with slow processing power, low RAM and older OS Version then this App can run on your device without any issues.
What is NewPipe?
NewPipe is a Freeware Open Source lightweight YouTube App. It has a frontend youtube interface. The best thing about the App is you can run it without any Google API or the irritating Google Play Services.
Basically, the NewPipe App just collects YT websites URL source and displays it in the form of the App. But this App can prove to be very powerful if you have a low-end Android phone with limited power.
NewPipe is an outstanding YouTube client that lets you download Youtube videos with total privacy. The best part is that it lets you stream music in the background and do practically anything you can do with the official client.
Features NewPipe App
- Runs without Google Play Services
- You can set and change the quality of video play
- Download the video and audio at various different resolutions
- You can play the video as a Pop-up box for multitasking
- Play the video in the background.
- Lightweight and consumes low storage space and RAM
Is the NewPipe App Safe to Download?
The files have been scanned using various anti-virus Apps like Norton, Avast and Kaspersky. They have also been tested for any vulnerability on various devices tweaking the App permissions. And from our test, we can say that the App is Safe to Download.
Enable Unknown Sources to Install NewPipe
- Go to Settings on your Android device.
- Here click on the option named Security.
- Here under Device administrator look for Unknown Sources.
- Turn ON the Unkown Sources.
- Look for downloaded App in your storage and click install to install the App
How to Download and Install NewPipe?
Here are the simple steps to download and install the NewPipe apk on Android
1. Enable Unknown Sources. To do so simply go to Settings → Security → Enable Unknown sources.
2. Download the NewPipe from the download page below.
3. Locate the file and install the App on your device.
4. Open the App, make all the necessary settings if prompted on the screen and enjoy the content.
What if the App is not Working?
- If you face any issues with the App than I suggest you to grant all the permissions to the App.
- If the app is not working or causing some issues then I recommend you to Clear Data & Cache of the app to fix it.
- To reduce the load time you can connect to Google Open DNS. To change the DNS, you can download the DNS Changer app from Google Play Store.
Alternatives to NewPipe
Snaptube popular Video Downloader and video player App for Android. You can download the videos and MP3 from YT, Instagram, Facebook, Vine, Vimeo etc. It is the best solution to download embedded videos from web pages.
The App interface is very easy and you also you can search for your videos with the help of keywords in the search/URL box.
The app supports multiple downloads with various resolutions. It has a very basic interface for video play but is a powerful downloader application for Android.
YouTube Vanced is a Premium YT App with all the features offered by subscription-based YouTube along with same core UI and App design along with powerful features like Video and Audio Downloader directly to device storage with multiple resolution support.
Note & Conclusion: With the Lite version of the app you can keep your device storage free and run the YouTube on at low-speed. Also, the App has some unique features which you will not find in conventional YouTube App.
I hope the post was helpful. Do comment below for any assistance or support.
This post was last modified on August 15, 2020 5:16 pm