Google is big but mistakes do happen with this search engine giant which off course could be misleading and irritating. It happened to me when I was searching ‘How to install CyanogenMod in Sony Xperia Z5 ?’. Rather than showing results for Xperia Z5 Google showed me results for Xperia Z and Xperia Z5 compact. Point to note here is links related to Sony Xperia Z5 were present but they didn’t showed up on page 1. I also faced same issues with for some other queries. So, I dug up the net and found out some ways to report Google about incorrect search results.
How to report Google About Wrong Search Results ?
- After searching Google if it shows incorrect results than you can send a feedback to the Google.
- Look for an option called Feedback at the bottom of the search result.
- Give information on issues you faced on the result page, include a screenshot and send it.
- Google will look into the issue and make necessary changes if considered.
Request for information removal if the result is spam or invalid
- Open webmaster search console and sign-in using your Google account.
- Click on Report spam
- Provide the URL of the specific web page in the box.
- Provide the query you have and add the additional information.
- And click report webspam.
Go for Google Web Search Forum
- Search for your topic or create you own query topic and indulge in discussion on Google Forum
- The community moderators may help you get your query solved.
Note & Conclusion: We cannot guarantee that information will be altered on the request. But you can send the feedback and report any web spam to Google.